Engineering Problems needed

Started by Altizer, August 30, 2004, 07:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altizer

I am an Electrical Engineering major at West Virginia Institute of Technology and I was wondering if any had any electrical designs they would like to see done?  I am a senior and we are required to do a project and I am current looking for ideas.  Things I am looking for are like:  things you need (electronically) that are not accesable to you as a company or personally, if you know of something that is made for companies that would be good for personal use but is too expensive, etc...  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Keep in mind that we only have one year to research and design the product.  Thank you.

Jeff Altizer

Phil1934

A couple years ago everyone on the HAMB was posting their flame thrower ignition boxes, but all used a relay as the trigger.  We had one fellow follow up with his idea for a solid state one, but never posted again.  Since this would not overheat when on for long periods it might even be useful as a multi-spark ignition.

rumrumm

I may have one for you. I have electric door locks on my '32 Ford 3 Window Coupe, and I would like them to lock when I take the car out of park and unlock when the car goes back into park (like my wife's Impala does). None of the electrical harness manufacturers at the Street Rod Nationals knew of a way to do it. One of them told me that the Impala's computer was what triggered it so he didn't think there was an easy way to work this out. Can you come up with something? I know a lot of suicide door car owners would like to have something like this for safety purposes.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Mikej

An outdoor temp and compass.  Different mounting options. Simple 2 wire hook up plus plug-in sensor.

purplepickup

An electronic gun that would make it possible to zap and disable subwoofers :twisted:
George

Phil1934

I made my 83 year old mother's day last month.  I was taking her to the grocery, stopped at the red light, and the car starts vibrating.  Looking behind there's four gangstas pumping their hands in the air.  So I told her follow my lead.  And we did the same.  The hand pumping behind stopped immediately followed closely by the volume.  When they passed at the green and looked over they saw a white haired 4'9" 95# woman and wasted their best scowls. :lol:

tomslik

Quote from: "purplepickup"An electronic gun that would make it possible to zap and disable subwoofers :twisted:

...and cellphones!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Sean

Quote from: "purplepickup"An electronic gun that would make it possible to zap and disable subwoofers :twisted:

Yes, I'll vote for that too. Something like that could turn into a National Sport.

Just think of the quality time with the Family. Everybody out on the Deck fighting over who gets to Zap the next A-Hole to drive by shaking the whole neighborhood at 11:00pm...

rumrumm

Man, you guys sound old!! Just kidding--I agree with you, especially about the cell phone thing. I get calls at work where I am giving someone a phone number to call, and after I give it to them I hear, "Oh, wait. You'll have to give that to me again, but let me pull over first." Scary.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

CalifCarl

I hate to make this my first post on this board, but what the heck it fits for this guys project.  A thread from another board. An incredablly long thread, just the same a common problem.  I actually went with a stock starter over the mini starter because of this.

http://www.streetrodstuff.com/Roundtable/View_Thread.php?page=1&msgId=75148