Modified engine lifter

Started by enjenjo, September 18, 2013, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

My engine lifter apparently grew legs, so I bought a Harbor Freight engine lifter, I was not happy with the way it supported the engine, so I made a spreader bar at each end, and some brackets that will bolt to the ends of the heads, with adjustable chains to clear carburetors and so forth.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

zzebby

I hope to be able to do that sort of project when I retire. Very kool Frank.

58 Yeoman

Mass produce and sell them to HF!  Very nice.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

wayne petty

nice... you must have some kind of iron worker and a big punch to make such nice clean holes..

that would make your project an easy one..

oh.. and HF does listen... when i got their tiny aluminum floor jack a long time ago.. i wrote them a letter about putting the handle screw on the next batch on the bottom side of the handle .. so it does not catch on the under side of the car.. and the newer versions did...  i
i also complained about the roller for the piston pump was too big..  i ground the heck out of mine.. and also ground the tip of the plunger above the snap ring.. and now the end of the handle goes to within an inch of touching the ground...  when it would stop at about 8 inches off the ground before.. making it almost impossible to pump...

also ask them about 2 years ago if they were going to replace the 98614 with the next model up from that units manufacturer that included newer software. and ABS access. and they have..

http://www.harborfreight.com/can-obd-ii-scan-tool-with-abs-60794.html

enjenjo

Quoteyou must have some kind of iron worker and a big punch to make such nice clean holes..

I do. It makes a project like that easy
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.