Cookie Raffle to pay for the new RRT Canopy

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, August 30, 2004, 12:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

On Saturday evening during L'ville a few of us were chatting about how nice it'd be to have a second large canopy for the RRT to take to shows..  We were just tossing around ideas incase the weather dictated that the BBQ needed to be under something, you know, so we could still cook out.  The RRT has a large black one that is used for people but if it was raining it sure would be hard to keep everything dry, including people with just that one.  

SO..... we discussed everyone who wanted to could just pitch in.  Well that was a good idea BUT....... I came up with something alittle better and discussed it with the Frank's and got permission to do something alittle different.  So.... we're going to raffle off a HUGE batch of cookies.  We thought this way more people would have an equal chance of winning instead of just have a straight up auction.

Anyone who wants in on the raffle just send in dollar bills, as few or as many as you want.  Write your screen name on each one.  They will all go into a box and at the NSRA show in Kzoo, Michigan I'll pull one dollar bill out and whoever's name is on that one will get all the cookies shipped to them.  All the dough recieved will go to the Franks to help pay for the canopy that they ordered for the RRT.

You can "win" with just one chance or send in a few and have better odds.  The real winner is actually the RRT who will benifit from everyone generousity.

Send them in now, this week.  They will need to be in my mailbox by Thursday, Sept 9th in order for me to take your "chances" with me to the Zoo.  Also, if your going to be at the Kzoo you can bring dollar bills with you and enter right on the spot.

Denise Sheldon
29129 Oriole
Livonia, MI 48154

Those that pitched in $$ at L'ville to start the canopy fund will have their $$ turned into one dollar bills and I'll write your screen names on them for you and put them in the box.

Any questions, just ask.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

awsum34

Denise, What size canopy?  I have a 10X10 that i can give to the RRT BBQ,  If anybody is coming to the Ottawa Ks Show sept 18th ans 19th i can give it to them then or the GG show sept 25th 26th, i can bring it there. Then they can take it to the gang. (save on shipping)
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

Kustm52

Now how many is a "huge " batch??? You've already seen my kids putting them away... :wink:

I'll get some dollars in the mail tomorrow...

Brian

HotRodLadyCrusr

It's Thursday nite and I'm leaving for Kzoo in the morning.  Thus far I received dollar bills in the mail from GPster, AV8, Leon, and SirStude, not to mention the money from SlowCrow and PhatRat already.  Looks like the odds are pretty good for one of you to win the HUGE batch of cookies.

Thanks to all those that sent in $$$.  The winner will get posted soon after the drawing as possible.

HotRodLadyCrusr

and the winner is..... Charlie Chops!  Congrats bud!  The huge batch will be sent out this week, enjoy.

Thanks to all who participated.  About half the cost of the canopy was raised.

Roadstar

I'm pretty sure I saw Charlie Stuffing the Ballot box :shock:

WITH DOLLOR BILLS!! :D  :D  :D

Crangrats.....And remember to pace yourself eating those cookies :wink: