RRT Barbeque trailer

Started by enjenjo, February 15, 2004, 11:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Several of us have been discussing building a trailer to use for our barbeques at the car shows. The thinking so far is something small that can be towed behind most cars. I have an axle, and material for a frame, the axle bolt pattern is 4 1/2"

I am thinking gas grille because it takes less time to start and stop it, we can get burners and build the grille, a table for serving, and storage bins of some kind, and a cooler.

The idea so far is a get together here, and a trailer building party.

Any ideas, suggestions, parts are welcome.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I think this is a fine idea a-brewin.  I have those two folding tables that I've been dragging along to all the car events that the RRT BBQ's at.  I've only been keeping them around for this purpose and would LOVE the opportunity to donate them to the cause.

I would also like to help in the construction phase of the trailer.  PLEASE make it on a Saturday  :D
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

Great idea.  We need a get-together.  If you need something, holler. :D
George

SKR8PN

Great Idea! Count me in...... and as Denise asked,PLEASE, make it a SATURDAY!!!

What are think about in the way of wheels?? Material,style???
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

KustomLincolnLady

As discussed last night, sounds great!! Tell us when!!!!

Debb

BarryM

Sorrry to waste the previous space, put my reply in the attachment. So to reply I have to delete the quote and put it here? If this works, I'll say I have a pair of wheels, don't know how I'd get them there. Have 2 3/4 center holes, dodge or plymouth caps. 16 X 4 made by Motor Wheel, sharp looking smoothies.  Also have some  lights  kicking around.

enjenjo

Quote from: "rodrelic"Sorrry to waste the previous space, put my reply in the attachment. So to reply I have to delete the quote and put it here? If this works, I'll say I have a pair of wheels, don't know how I'd get them there. Have 2 3/4 center holes, dodge or plymouth caps. 16 X 4 made by Motor Wheel, sharp looking smoothies.  Also have some  lights  kicking around.

I'll keep that in mind. I'll let you know what we need.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I can not help with the building but I will try to contribute something as I plan to enjoy the benefit of the trailer sometime.  Let me know more about what you will need.  Money would be the easiest thing to send.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

Are the hubs four lug or five? An idea for space would be to make the table top be the cover for the grill and be hinged so that when you fold the table foreward thetable would use the grill as half of it's support and the table top would be over the trailer toungue and hitch so it wouldn't be a tripping hazard. Having a cooler next to a cooking devise is going to be hard on the cooler. Possibly if the two pieces were separated by a cabinet where cooking utensiles were stored might be enough separation between heat and cold during operation. Have a crazy idea on refrigeration. Juat have an "ice bank" and run it with a car air conditioner compressor. Drive the compressor with the rotation of a wheel while you're towing it and just have the condenser in the open air while your towing and the compressor is running. Make the trailer balanced well enough that it can be wheeled in place by hand rather than trying to back it into the "Perfect Place". Give me enough prior knowledge of this event. I'll plan it as a 3 day trip so that I won't be driving at night and I won't be trying to come home after a day of doing something. I'm sure there are motels around and it would be easier for me to get a reservation than to figure out at the end of the day where and how I'm going to sleep. I'm ready to do something now, August and Bonneville are sooooooo far away. GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "rodrelic"Sorrry to waste the previous space, put my reply in the attachment. So to reply I have to delete the quote and put it here? If this works, I'll say I have a pair of wheels, don't know how I'd get them there. Have 2 3/4 center holes, dodge or plymouth caps. 16 X 4 made by Motor Wheel, sharp looking smoothies.  Also have some  lights  kicking around.

Where do you live?  Maybe we can set up a hand off of stuff if need be.

Ohio Blue Tip

Make sure you leave enough room for a large chef!  Also, would like you to include cold storage for a keg and tapper, maybe a generator to keep the keg ice cold.
Let us know what else is needed and I'll even try the road trip to help.  You do need a supervisor don't you?
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

HotRodLadyCrusr

Since this is sounding better then my kitchen at home, why don't you guys plan to include an oven as well and I'll bake fresh cookies at the runs... maybe some brownies too if your good boys   :D

Darkman

Just remember that real BBQ takes all night long to cook. My butts cook 16 to 20 hours at about 200 degrees. Make sure your heat source is offset from your cooking area for BBQ. If you go gas you can still use soaked wood chips for the smoked flavor. Hamburgers, hot dogs, and steaks can go directly over the heat and at higher temps. I wish I lived close enough to attend some of the events.

Grilling and BBQ are two different events.
Charles in Pensacola

Restomodding at the speed of a slow sick snail.

Current project 1957 F100 312 4 bbl with automatic and McCulloch supercharger Mus II IFS and lowered rear

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Since this is sounding better then my kitchen at home, why don't you guys plan to include an oven as well and I'll bake fresh cookies at the runs... maybe some brownies too if your good boys   :D

I've got a camp oven that you can set on any grill or stove.  When we get going, let me know and I'll bring it along.  It's not very big, but I have baked two loves of bread in it at once.  I love your cookies. :wink:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Fift4fe

Sounds to me like we have a "Monster Garage" like project ahead.

Design team??
Build team??
Freebees??
Factoids??
Tools??
OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?