Latest Project Finally Finished

Started by 40, August 17, 2013, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just thought I'd post a couple of photos of the latest project. I really dragged my feet on this one and it took nearly 4 years to finish.....I must really be getting old or really broke.....probably both! What are the rest of you guys working on??? My next project is either going to be updating my 55 Chevy Pickup with a 409 motor I have in the shop or I'm going to tackle the 37 coupe I've had sitting in the corner of the shop for over 15 years.....Well,unless I find a 49 Fleetline or 56 Olds first  :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Digger

Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

sirstude

Really nice!!!  I can store it for you for a few years if you are out of room or anything  :lol:

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat46

That's a beautiful car, and four years doesn't like a long time to do a car to that level.

bucketmouth

Wow nice looking car and I like the trim in it particularly the bench bucket seat very nice.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

kb426

TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Rochie

Daryle,
that a great looking car my friend.

parklane

Quote from: "phat46"That's a beautiful car, and four years doesn't like a long time to do a car to that level.

X2 for sure
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

UGLY OLDS

The car looks really nice ... Perfect stance ...Correct colors ..  Looks Good ...  8)    :b-d:

Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

rumrumm

Your cars always look great. Nice work on this one, too. Congrats!!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Mikej

Car looks nice. I know where there is a couple fleetlines.  One he started to hotrod. Has a MII and a 400 SBC. Been inside for a long time. Can get more info if you want me to.

Guys,Thanks for the kind words. I am happy with how the car turned out but am really impressed with how well it drives/rides. The chassis was built from a pair of "Tin Man" reproduction rails and the tubular cross member was designed by a buddy of mine and built in his shop.It has a Heidts Superide IFS and a Currie 9" hung on a Posies Parallel leaf setup.I have used this same setup on a couple of other builds and while they drove great,this one just has a different/better feel. I sure hope someone with a pocket full of Ben Franklins likes it also  :lol:

Lynn.....Did I miss you in Des Moines or didn't you make it this year?

Mike....I'd really like further info on the Fleetlines. I've been looking for a 49 2-dr for a while but haven't had much luck. Most of them are pretty rusty....too old to deal with that....or....they're finished and big $$.By the way....we need to get together before the Summer Slips away!