Glen's new shop build thread

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, August 16, 2013, 08:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

kewl, looks good still.

I read some little article a week or more ; somewhere.  About how Phx had streamlined the permit process in recent yrs.  That sure would eggsplain how you got so far quickly when applied for permit.

TV in the shop?  I can barely concentrate on projects now.  :T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Glen ... The wife & I are currently packing ... We should be out by you in early December ... Is it OK if I take the space away from the door ... :?:  Never mind ..Any space you choose will be acceptable ...  :D  :lol:
You do have the scorpion issue resolved ...Yes   :?:  :?:  

What bedroom will we be assigned to  :?:  :?:  :lol:

I only wish that we could ... :roll:
The building is looking GREAT .. Well thought out & well done ...  :b-d:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

Have not seen any more scorpions lately.  We could probably get you an air matress  for the weekend.

Drywall started going and looks nice.  They trim the windows just short of dropping the blank out in order to keep the glass clean.  

UGLY OLDS

And they put down drop cloths to protect the floor & avoid the cleanup mess ..  :idea:      Again ...Somebody is thinkin' ahead .... );b(

Bob ....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

oh... TV in the shop...      Internet into the shop...

must have your RRT fix for the day...  must have streaming movies...  

and hint.. must have video cameras hooked up to the DVR and the net to keep the eyes on things while away...
some are easily viewed with a smart phone..

if you were in an area that experienced wild fires or forrest fires..

one would want to box in, then stucco in the under side of the eves. coming all the way up to the top of the face board.. perhaps before the roof went on so the flashing would be over the outside of the stucco. and sealed to it..

so when the firestorm came thru.. the heat would just blow up and past.. not getting up into the bottom of the roof sheathing and extended rafters...

do they allow the 6 or 8 inches of spray foam on roof tops there still to protect from the heat soak..

or allow a secondary roof with a thermal chimney.. so it creates an updraft to keep the under roof cool..

hmm.. that could be built out of tubing and tent materials..

lastly... outlets around the back sides up high on the walls for not just exterior lighting..  but bug zappers..???

i have wanted to start production on downdraft mosquito traps for years...  so the bugs fly thru to see what that light is... and wham.. downdraft... cannot fly up out of that.. just using some 4" abs with long radius bends.. so you make a Giant G sort of shape.. there will be one of the computer type fans in it.. generating the circulation... so it would be low powered.. and some kind of slip joint to allow easy clean out of the screen..  

oh well.. moderators may remove my dribble if they seem fit..

Glen

got home late tonight but grabbed a couple of pictures.  Mud and tape is done, they start texture tomorrow morning.

the stucco team was here at 6 am too, they got the scratch coat down.

Bruce Dorsi

Thanks for the updates, Glen!  ...Keep posting, please.

The shop looks great!  .....I'm droolin'.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Glen

The interior is primed and the color started going on if you look close its over by the big door.  Luckily my sister-n-law is a commercial painter....and yes, it was all applied by roller and brush, no sprayer.

zzebby

Wow I am jealous, how does he do that so fast?   In 6 weeks Glen accomplished what took me 18 months and my wife is laughing about it.  Looks good Glen.  Compressed air lines ?

Glen

Quote from: "zzebby"Compressed air lines ?

yes, I will run those after.  I don't like them in the walls, I don't mind seeing the copper line down the interior as long as it is routed correctly and clean.

The interior is 100% painted.  The carport ceiling is painted too.  The last coat of stucco will be tinted to match the paint so we should be done painting.  

Reading about lifts tonight, anyone got a recommendation?  I have a good connection with a rotary and revolution dealer.

wvcab

when do the hardwood floors go in?

it looks nice.

Glen

No hardwood floors but how about some painted walls, a new garage door, and a painted carport ceiling?

I had the rails for the door powder coated beige.

sirstude

I like the powder coated rails, but looking at that door, I was freezing.  Sure can tell you live WAY south from me.  

Doug :lol:
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Hardwood floors?  Phrrrap, more like marble , travertine tile
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Place is starting to look like the Taj ma garage!Nice shop!