I rarely use this but OMG

Started by river1, August 14, 2013, 08:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

wayne petty

hmm... thank you for that...

i would love to have the rotor missing the side with the tear dropped shapes.

for a wall clock.. after some sand blasting and paint...

and then i found this..

http://imgur.com/r/Justrolledintotheshop/new

Crosley.In.AZ

i had a camaro (mid 1980's) come into my shop.    Must have been late 1989 since I was in Peoria location then

front brake rotors looked like that. One side completely gone, caliper chewed up. One import repllacement fender was held on with 2 bolts at hood edge...  typical condition  of the whole car.

I installed a used trans they brought in. (it was lean times then) ...  I refused to drive the car.  I showed what was wrong with the car to the kids Aunt. The aunt had legal custody , the boys parents were killed in an accident.

She was quite "s--t faced" as I explained the cars problems to her
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Wow, somebody must have a really loud cellphone not to hear that...can't explain why they didn't feel the pedal jumping around.
As for the rotor with the missing piece I have one hanging in the shop with a 6 or7 inch flat spot on it. Mt daughter was driving back from college when her front wheel came off after some hack had worked on her car. Luckily she remembered what dad had told her about not panicking and waited till the car was straight and under control till she braked, but it shaved that rotor flat by the time she got stopped! The clock idea for the rotor sounds interesting.

papastoyss

I was a line mechanic at a VW dealer 1968-1972. A Type 3 (Squareback) came in w/the brake rotor surface cut clean off the hub. Customer claimed he/she never heard any noise!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

chimp koose

Had a BMW in my shop near 20 yrs ago with the same as papastoys. Non vented rotors cut off from the hubs ,calipers were still holding them. The complaint was that the car steered funny when you hit the brakes.