New Ride

Started by phat rat, August 01, 2013, 10:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

I picked this up today. 52 Victoria ht, 350/350, Nova sub and rear. I think I might drive it a bit then flip it. Yes I know the wheels need to be changed along with a few other things. But it runs down the road great. Guy who built it 20 years ago had it off the frame so the body is really solid.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rrumbler

Su-weet!  From here (2,000 miles away) it looks like it might have good bones.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

phat46

Neat car, it reminds me of the one the neighborhood tough guy/greaser used to chase us around in!  :D

slocrow

Jack, If memory strikes me correct, you might have some experience with those years Fords.
I think you should keep it for a while or at least till you can get a big block in her.  :roll: What rear end is in there now, make not number?
Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

UGLY OLDS

Looks Good Jack ... My first car was a '52 Ford coupe .. ( Short roof ...HUGE trunk) ..  Learned a lot with that car ... Mostly how to build & change transmissions ...  :roll:  
Too bad your grille & parking lights were painted ..
 The dash is kinda neat ..The guy put some work into that ....
Maybe change the wheels & spiffy it up ... Flip it at the Zoo :?:  :?:  

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

39deluxe

Neat car. I like those old Ford hardtops. It needs the chrome restored on the front though. What's your idea for wheels?

Tom

phat rat

I agree with the chrome on the front. This is the seventh 52-54 I've had. Well actually 6 as I owned this before, back in 93, I bought it for some parts and resold it to the guy who did it. They included a 52 2dr, this Ht, two 53 2drs and two 54 Ht.  I was at a swap today and bought a set of chrome reverse rims for it. I feel they are much more in keeping with the car other than a set of spinners or spiders. I hope they work, but I have to check out the backspacing. Then the white letters will also be turned in. Wide whites would be cool but I'm not ready to invest in them at this time.

Crosley.In.AZ

kewl, little work here n there. wheels n tires make a big difference
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Chrome reverse is exactly what I was thinking, in fact that's what Joe LeFay had on his when he chased us around the neighborhood!  
 :D

butch27

chimp koose

x2 on chrome reverse. Nice car!

slocrow

Quote from: "phat rat"Wide whites would be cool but I'm not ready to invest in them at this time.
Are those chromed reverse planned with baby moons? Re them WW, least we forget Port-a-walls 8)

phat rat

Frank, yes baby moons will happen if the wheels I bought yesterday work out. Port-a-walls are a no no. Remember how those would start flapping?

slocrow

Quote from: "phat rat"Frank, yes baby moons will happen if the wheels I bought yesterday work out. Port-a-walls are a no no. Remember how those would start flapping?
Yeah I remember, that was my attempt at humor for period correct. I espically liked to see them at right angles to the curb when the driver would park extra tight to the curb. Hey, maybe curb feelers too! (more kidding humor)

phat rat

Well I guess I wasn't "with it" as a kid. I detested port-a-walls and never had curb feelers. I associated those with "* wagons".  You know the cars with all the goodies J.C. Whitney had in their catalog