NSRA NATS-Louisville, 2013

Started by MO_JUNK, July 29, 2013, 12:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flipper

Quote from: "348tripower"Well, we made it to Louisville. 6.5 hrs one gas stop. We are set up against the fence out back. A chance of rain late Saturday. Otherwise it is cooler than normal. Nice !!!!!

It was nice to chat with you on Friday.  I hope you and your wife have a safe trip home.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Flipper"
Quote from: "348tripower"Well, we made it to Louisville. 6.5 hrs one gas stop. We are set up against the fence out back. A chance of rain late Saturday. Otherwise it is cooler than normal. Nice !!!!!

It was nice to chat with you on Friday.  I hope you and your wife have a safe trip home.

Sorry I missed you. I did not spend much time with the car this weekend.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

papastoyss

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "papastoyss"
Quote from: "348tripower"Look for my Blue and White Dodge COE on the grass out back.
I'll see ya'll on my trip to the swap meet, I'm  a wimp now, I drive from our spot to the swap. Haven't found anything to buy the last two years, maybe if I walked I would find something to pack back to our spot.
You are welcome to do that
I went to the swap meet twice & missed you both times. Still didn't find anything to buy, thou I really liked the '34 Hudson Terraplane coupe in the swap. It looked real solid, just not my cup of tea. I saw Enjenjo coming in Fri. & Sat am, we pile in w/our friends from Memphis Street Rods in their tent by the entrance right turn. Looked like he had a couple of future rodders in the Marlin.We went to the Street Rodder Road Tour reunion Sat. at noon, met up w/some friends from last years tour & some from the Aeromotive Tour we did in June. If you ever get the time/chance to do one of these Road Tours , do it , you won't regret it. The Road Tour was leaving Louisville going to Bonneville w/ a stop planned at Speedway Motors Museum, wonder if that will be closed due to the passing of Mrs. Smith. I ran into Mr, & Mrs. Smith once at tha Chicago Antique Toy show, they were both very gracious. RIP Mrs Speedy.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

enjenjo

I had more fun there this year that I have in years. I hooked up with Bucketmouth thursday, we were roomies, and spent the next four days having a blast. I got to see a bunch of old friends, missed some others, and made a bunch of new ones.

My favorite car was the 40 coupe that won the Riddler. I spent several hours looking at that car. The subtle modifications, and the level of detail were fantastic. If you ever get a chance, take a close look at it. Every level of detail, had another level behind it. The closer you looked, the more you could see.

Biggest turn off, 70s cars with straight axles, there were a bunch of them. Some were very well done, but to me it was wasted effort.

I see lace, panel paint, crackle paint, and other old paint effects are making a comeback. I like it. Strangest paint effect, shiney cleat coated fautina.

348tripower

Flipper,
It was nice to meet you. I Got to spend some quality time with enjenjo and bucketmouth. papastoyss sorry I missed you. mojunk nice to see you again We had a blast.
Hooked up with some other people we meet years ago and some from my area.
The COE came down with a power steering leak but I waited till I got back to fix it. No other problems.
Frank,
There must be something to that born on date on tires. Glad you came thru that one.
Don Colliau

enjenjo

Quote from: "348tripower".
Frank,
There must be something to that born on date on tires. Glad you came thru that one.

I called Tom monday morning, and askrd hi,if he had any pink paint left. He said" did you wreck it again".  I said no, just a tire that chipped up the rim. He said I better stop taking it to the nats, all my paint issues start with that.

Had a good time as well ! Spent some time dealing with a power steering pump/pulley issue but got it sorted out. Had a chance to visit with Frank and Charlie but missed most of you other guys......I was easy to find.....either at the auto parts store or in the MHRA repair area !
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Skip

saw a pink car parked next to the fence & photographed it but nobody was around.  Oh well.
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting

enjenjo

Quote from: "Skip"saw a pink car parked next to the fence & photographed it but nobody was around.  Oh well.

I saw your car too,with the same situation.

Skip

Yea, I'm NEVER near the car unless I have to carry something back to it or bail out for the hotel at 16:00 or so.

I'll be putting the pics up on Flickr in a day or so, BTW.
Skip

Early Hemi SME

57larry

enjoyed the Nats as usual. weather was a lot cooler that last year. I saw the 40 on the lift and wondered why all the people were under it. I looked and saw why. WOW!

Skip

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92382895@N07/sets/72157635005586349/

589 high resolution Louisville pics are up on Flickr.  (Webshots shut off public access in December so I'm using Flickr, now)

Anyhowsomever.....  Click a thumbnail to open it then, once it's open, RIGHT-click to select the picture size.  If you want a large, poster sized, printable picture, select "original size and download that to you 'puter and print it.
Skip

Early Hemi SME

enjenjo

kb426

TEAM SMART

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Flipper"

Sorry I missed you. I did not spend much time with the car this weekend.

LOL

When I went looking for you my buddies were worried I wouldn't be able to find you in the crowd.  We drove from our tent to the back of the building and I said there's Franks car.  Only way I could be mistaken would be if there are TWO pink Marlins.   :shock:

Good as always to catch up, even if it was only brief.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.