Track Roadster modifications

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, June 30, 2013, 08:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

I had a nice outing yesterday with the track roadster. Went over to Caledonia, Mi to the Crafty B open house show and eats. About 120 miles or so.

This is the first time out this season . I spent the late winter and spring  making a few changes to the car. I removed the twin side draft webers and replaced them with a single Holley 350 CFM 2 barrel on a modified Clifford 4 barrel intake.

A number of new brackets, dealt with keeping the side draft air cleaners so the car looks the same, replaced the mechanical advance dizzy with a new vac. adv. unit. Did a proper PCV system. And chased down a bunch of water, fuel, oil and vac. leaks....and replaced that starter that plagued the car forever. The final fix was to move the foot feed another couple inches closer to the firewall. That was the 3rd change to that feature since I finished the car in 2007.

The effort was worth every hour. More comfortable, cools better, runs much stronger than ever and was just generally a much sweeter drive.

I need to take a few new pics and post them in the next few days.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Sounds good. Cool factor changing to reality of enjoying your hot rod. Plus, are they ever really finished? I didn't believe that years ago. Now I'm not sure.  :D
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Charlie, were you at Charlton park with the car? Did not see you in the area so I did not know if it was yours or not. I can imagine someone else having a track roadster like yours but I could be wrong.
Dave
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Charlie Chops 1940

No, I just couldn't make it. I wanted to but was still chasing issues.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

416Ford

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"No, I just couldn't make it. I wanted to but was still chasing issues.

Charlie

Someone was selling a orange track rodster with white lightning painted on it. Been a couple of years since I saw your car. Last I could remember you were building a Volvo.
Glad to hear you worked out the issues.
Dave
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.