New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Thanks for the comments, guys. :) I had a day and a half vacation to go to a concert. The pics are of the grille parts in sealer and painted. Another step closer. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Back of the cab where it's covered by the bed color sanded and buffed. Some hand work at the bottom left.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Im squinting real hard and I still cant see the metalflake! ???

kb426

CK, I think it's because you didn't have your super secret spy eye glasses on! :)
This pic shows you the next step. Lunacy abounds. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

YA you are probably right ! I couldn't find the glasses , I usually have them next to my secret decoder ring  :lol:

kb426

I just spent the last hour working on the wiper assembly. I bought what I perceive to be the best wiper motor and hooked it all up. This was last year. The wipers would lock up if there was any moisture at all in a few swipes. You could bump an arm and they would start again for awhile. My thought was that the arms to the wiper posts were wore out. This truck spent it's life in semi-arid climate so the wipers being wore out doesn't sound logical. It is 65 years old but sat in a pasture for at least 30 years that I know of. :) I'm ready to cut, weld, machine, do whatever is necessary to remedy the problem. I connect the motor to the wiper assembly laying on the floor. It's obvious there's a problem. I start analyzing things and wonder if the stroke is too long or short on the new motor. I measure and don't see anything that stands out as a problem. I loosen the mounting bracket and re-tighten it and the tight spots go away. I pull the screws out and start clamping and moving the mounting points around. I found that if I clamp the motor to the mounts 1/2 of a 10/32 bolt, that all the tightness seemed to disappear. I reminded of production tolerances from 65 years ago. I don't know if I found all the answers but I let it run for 15 minutes and there was no sign of tight spots. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

This is going to be love it or hate it! The white truck needed a dash of color for the inside. This is electric lime candy.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

LOVE IT !!!!! Gotta paint the shifter knob to match .

kb426

Front fenders cut and buffed. I haven't done the wheel lips yet. That will wait for a day of lots of time. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Good work ! Now when do you want my fenders ?  :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"This is going to be love it or hate it! The white truck needed a dash of color for the inside. This is electric lime candy.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"This is going to be love it or hate it! The white truck needed a dash of color for the inside. This is electric lime candy.

Being  "electric lime candy" , does that mean that there's a switch to tone it down a little  :?:  :lol:
Maybe like a volume control  :?:  :idea:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Bob, that's a great idea. If you can turn it down, I can turn it up!!! :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

If this doesn't put you to sleep, then superman should be worried! :) I rebuilt the glove box hinge. The pin in the spring end was 3/16". The hole in the arm is worn to 5/16". I welded, drilled and installed a hard fastener with a locking nut so I can adjust tension on it.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I sure don't mind a color accent but am curious what the plan is with the green.  8)
Matt