New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Insert expletives here.

In case it could help, I'll place this link here-

http://idrivejunk-silverford.blogspot.com/

:)

I was wondering how many layers you had there at the rails.
Matt

kb426

Ok Matt. I'm taking the easy way out by filling the gap with bondo but after seeing this, I'm aware of how if this decision had been made in the beginning, I would have used metal on everything. I'm running out of time weather wise and not wanting to have to redo everything on the cab. I should get an F on planning but I'm still doing as much as I can with the time I have left. The drip rail hung down and this is the area that's being filled. Back to work. Breaks over. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Ok Matt. I'm taking the easy way out by filling the gap with bondo but after seeing this, I'm aware of how if this decision had been made in the beginning, I would have used metal on everything. I'm running out of time weather wise and not wanting to have to redo everything on the cab. I should get an F on planning but I'm still doing as much as I can with the time I have left. The drip rail hung down and this is the area that's being filled. Back to work. Breaks over. :)

Rock on  8)

Everyone underestimates the complexity of drip rail shaves  :cry:

Some of them are a lot worse than what you're dealing with though. Bang it out and go on because you're right about the weather. Its getting to be really nice outside so now is the time. :arrow:
Matt

UGLY OLDS

I WAS RIGHT  :!:  :!:  
This proves that drips have feelings too... :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I'm making a little progress. I'm surprised how long this is taking. It's not finished but you can see where I'm going with this.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

yup.  gettin there.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Today's tasks were to get the rest of the cab sanded and get the door frame area sealed and primed.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

good thing you didn't use metalflake the first time . It would have been a bear to match with the repaint !

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "chimp koose"good thing you didn't use metalflake the first time . It would have been a bear to match with the repaint !

You want to tell him the paint he just put on there dosen't match or should I  :?:  :?: ...( It's gray...not white...) :roll:
Back to "Team Smart" , huh :?:  :?:

Bob.. :wink:

kb426

Bob, back when I bought white, I bought a couple of gallons mixed at the same time to avoid a surprise. We'll see how this works out. I have a plan for today. By tonight I'll know if it was a good plan. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

August 26 is when I came up with the bright idea to redo half the truck. :) Now it's September 3rd and the paint work is done on the outside of the cab. For those of you that are curious or just like numbers, I have around 48 hours in this from removing the bed to the pics attached. One pic is of sealer, the rest are cleared. It's not perfect by any means. There's some dirt but the only 2 bugs landed in the first coat of clear. They held still will my tweecers removed them. :) I may cut and buff but I won't make that decision until next week. I still have the grille to paint and some more work on the interior.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Lookin' good ..And Shiney too  :!:  8)

Bob... :wink:

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Very NICE!  8)  Thats slicker than owl snot on a greased glass doorknob  :shock:

Great progress. You ain't a-feared of bodywork are ye?  :wink:
Matt

chimp koose

Perfect base for the freak drops . lace paint and fish scales to follow !!!! :lol: I need to finish my mini chopper so I can go crazy with the paint !! I have always wanted to try that stuff . Took a painting course at our tech college in '80 and have only painted a few vehicles since then . I have done a lot of rattle can flame jobs but never a real custom job . When I took the paint class I had dreams of being a painter , then I realised that most of the industry was crash repair and not competing with Barris ,Himsl or Carter ! Been machining since '82