New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Gee KB ...That ain't "connect the dots" like Matt showed us .... :shock:
Just wait 'til HE see's what you did.....
Looks like you wound up with a "baked on finish" though ...  :?  
What's going on  :?:  :?:

You took a perfectly good running, driving truck & took it all apart   :shock:
That's TWICE as much work.. :?

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Bob, you are correct. Mike Brown's truck has shaved drip rails. I decided I needed to do that. Everything that I wasn't pleased with is getting changed. This reaks of really bad planning but I want this to be as right as it can be when I get finished. All about personal taste once again. I hope when I'm done you agree that it is better. :)
There is a reason I'm a team smart member!!!!
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

The drip rail shave is looking nice!  :!:  8)   Those are just longer dots :lol: because T comes after M, as in IG.

I have finished a couple drip rail shaves started by others  :roll: Yours looks wonderful.);b(

The trouble I run into is guys will cut the rails off thinking that the roof will now line up with the top of the door.  :shock:  :oops:  Thats when I see em. :wink:

I like how you found motivation and are running with it! Keep going :arrow:
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Bob, you are correct. Mike Brown's truck has shaved drip rails. I decided I needed to do that. Everything that I wasn't pleased with is getting changed. This reaks of really bad planning but I want this to be as right as it can be when I get finished. All about personal taste once again. I hope when I'm done you agree that it is better. :)
There is a reason I'm a team smart member!!!!

But Gee Mr. KB...Where are the poor drips gonna go now  :?: They will have no guidance.. :cry:  :cry:

Besides...This means you gotta paint..Again & again & again...... :(

Bob... :wink:

Carnut

I once thought I had a lot of patience, but I'm not even in the same ball park with this stuff. WOW!

chimp koose

He's just stalling on my model T bodywork !  :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "chimp koose"He's just stalling on my model T bodywork !  :lol:

He's gotta do my A fenders FIRST  :!:   Remember the alphabet  :!:  
A before T except ...Wait ..I'm gonna get in trouble here... :shock:  :oops:

Bob.... :wink:

kb426

TEAM SMART

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Chez magnifique!  8)
Matt

kb426

Saturday total activities: remove doors, finish cutting and welding drip rail area on both sides, first coat of bondo sanded, 1 door's hinge pins were froze in, removed and holes checked for new pins, other doors hinges flat head bolts were seized in their mounts, drilling and removing them by various methods. Enough fun for 1 day. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

KB what are you planning on changing next ? Or should I just ask ... are any mustang parts left on the truck ?

kb426

I've spent the day doing bondo work. The doors are on for line up. Let's just say it needs more work. Insert expletives here.
TEAM SMART

kb426

CK, in the next couple of weeks you'll see what I have planned. I'm not using Mustang parts. :)
TEAM SMART