New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

That's really coming together now. All your hard work is turning into one really nice truck.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

I just finished replacing the steering R&P that failed after about 300 miles. The good news is that with the front fenders off, it wasn't too bad.
TEAM SMART

Rrumbler

That is coming together very nicely.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"I just finished replacing the steering R&P that failed after about 300 miles. The good news is that with the front fenders off, it wasn't too bad.

WAIT  :!:  :!:    
The rack can't fail .....It's not an "Original Mustang Part" ... :roll:  :lol:

Warranty   :?:  :idea:

Bob ..
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Bob, that rack was part of the front end kit purchased almost 2 years ago. It was a NAPA rebuilt. It looked so poor that I won't buy anymore NAPA rebuilt anything. I installed a Cardone that so far is ok. It appears that the Mustang disease maybe spreading.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

kb426

I've been working on the front sheet metal the last couple of evenings. The grille has been straightened but not finished. The pics are of the upper fenders after the inners were removed and the rust spots removed. I'm going to throw them in the vat before I do anymore cutting.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Boy O Boy ... More bolts & screws being deposed of instead of being reused... :roll:

There goes the budget ........ :shock:

You are still going to "close up" the wheel opening as was discussed before..Correct  :?:

Bob...  :wink:

kb426

Bob, the weather will determine when that will be done. If it cools down enough that I can't paint, I'll put white epoxy on all the front and assemble everything so I can drive it all winter. After the summer being wetter than it has been for several years, the prognosticators are calling for early, cold and wet.
TEAM SMART

Fat Cat

Quote from: "kb426"Bob, that rack was part of the front end kit purchased almost 2 years ago. It was a NAPA rebuilt. It looked so poor that I won't buy anymore NAPA rebuilt anything. I installed a Cardone that so far is ok. It appears that the Mustang disease maybe spreading.  :lol:

I have some bad news for you. Napa's reman parts line of steering products is built by Cardone. I found this out a few years ago when I was trying to get a motorhome chassis specific power steering pump rebuilt. We had to send the pump to Cardone to see if they could rebuild it. We sent it through our local Napa store to them.

kb426

Fat Cat, I'm hoping that there is more than 1 level of rebuild from Cardone. The one out of the NAPA box was glass beaded and rough looking. The 1 out of the Carquest- Cardone box is powder coated and the inner tie rods are gold irridated. This project hasn't been filled with luck but maybe it's time for a change.  :lol:
Tonight was more rust removal on the lower fenders. All these parts are going to be vatted and maybe blasted before anything else happens.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Fresh from the vat and ready for about another 100 hours of work.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

kb426

Once again I'm embarrassed by how slow my progress is. I have 4 of the 8 repairs done on the front fenders. The pics are of the lowers. Because of the reinforcement panels on the back side, it was difficult to do a real good repair.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

you get way more finished than I do..  those shoes need a good cleaning  :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

KB I think you are right you need more practice . Just to be helpful I will send you my model T fenders so that you can get better before doing yours.  :lol:  :lol: .

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "chimp koose"KB I think you are right you need more practice . Just to be helpful I will send you my model T fenders so that you can get better before doing yours.  :lol:  :lol: .

Chimp....Your T fenders are right in line BEHIND my "A" fenders ..... :twisted:  :lol:  :lol:

We work in alphabetical order here ..."A" comes before "T"..( In MOST cases) ...  :shock:  :shock:  :lol:

Oh ...Ahh....  KB ...You thought that I missed the bolts in that last little pile , huh  :?:  :?  

Remember...Every bolt saved is a little more primer that can be used ... :idea:

Bob... :wink: