New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

The pic of the box is 2/3's of the wire I removed from the Mustang harness. The next is ready for tomorrow. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Break time again.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Back together and back outside again.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a cable operated hood latch. I purchased a cheap autoloc unit because of space problems. I'd be very selective on what I would use this on but it's satisfactory for something that doesn't incur large amounts of lift on the hood.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I took these pics after working on the deuce this evening. It's pretty busy under the hood. Is it worth spending time and money to clean it up? What does the RRT think?
TEAM SMART

jaybee

The rest of the truck is so nice, of such good quality I think it will stick out if you don't spend a little time and effort prettying it up under the hood.  I don't think it needs the full polish, chrome, and braided line treatment, just some color matching paint and route everything neatly.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

river1

i agree with jaybee, no need to go overboard but neat and clean is all you need.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

I Agree.... Neat & clean is all that is needed....  Too much "bling" takes away from the work that has been done.. That is a VERY nice truck as is. 8)                              

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

you talking :" neat n clean"  via  a little elbow grease,  paint ?   Proper detail work with paint helps a bunch.

Different air intake tube & filter?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

My plan was to paint the inner fenders when I finish the front end. The intake tube is as ugly as it gets. I scrubbed on it some to get to this point. The valve covers are plastic and I know that some people paint them. I don't know if it lasts well or not. I have thought about fabbing some metal covers to hide all the loomed wiring. Would hiding be the best option money wise? If a guy attached metal rods to the looms so they were straight, would that be a good option? I'm open to all suggestions on this. I'm aware that the 4.6 is not a pretty engine. Most of the modern engines are ugly by our standards of old. Cobras with weber carbs, corvettes with 3 fours, hemis with cross rams, etc.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Something you might consider is an engine cover, that incorporates the air duct. It would cover a lot of the ugly. You could do it with WZjunk's lost foam mold, and fiberglass.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Something you might consider is an engine cover, that incorporates the air duct. It would cover a lot of the ugly. You could do it with WZjunk's lost foam mold, and fiberglass.

yuuuup.  I'd investigate that.  If a workable situation for you.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

True that modern engines are ugly compared to the old ones, but they work so well. It's convinced me engine covers are a good option, something I didn't once believe.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

You could always do the same as I do with the Ugly Olds.... :idea:

I leave the hood closed & warn people that it's dirty in there when they want to see the engine...  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

It seems to work... 8)  

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

A high pressure washing of the intake boot, some wiping down of surfaces that show, and organized routing of wiring and hoses would probably satisfy your eyes, and anyone who chooses to pick it apart can go eat worms or whatever.

Shame on the people that overlook the fabulous job you've done on parts that are meant to look nice and pick apart parts whose function is the dirty job of converting gasoline into horsepower. I seriously doubt that there will be many however.
George