New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Frank, the glue is Misty brand that I got from a fabric supplier. I let it flash off so when you stick it, it's finished.
TEAM SMART

kb426

The ac and heater are operational now. The pic I posted shows 35 degree air coming out of the center vent. I had just enough black abs plastic left to do the rear of the cab behind the seats. I shouldn't have to remove them after this go-round again.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Taking a break. Kick panels have been cut and fitted. Former radio hole in dash is now useful. The Mustang clock, cooling fan override, wipers and the window switches have a new home. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

That looks nice.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Now comes all that finish work that takes forever. It's going to be one nice truck when done.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

Thanks for the compliments. I have the insulation on most of the floor and roof of the cab, now. The area around the 2 harness openings is what's left.
TEAM SMART

kb426

This surely won't surprise anybody. I had to lengthen the harness to the cruise control about 12". After doing this, it doesn't work. :) I'll use the diagnostic manual this weekend to see if the unit is dead or I have a wiring problem. I'm knee deep in Dynadeck and abs plastic. If the brain and body work well, the interior will be finished by sunday evening. (no real expectations)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I can tell you the cruise switch on the brake pedal is very sensitive. I have had to tweak the bracket, or shim the switch to make them work.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Frank, I'm not proud to report that I have several circuits that are interrupted by removing the anti-theft and the keyless entry again. Once this has been remedied, maybe the cruise will work. :)
On the list of fun and games for today, I started out with shimming a right side door hinge. The flat head bolts had already rusted up! I lived through that and the door is aligned better. I worked on the hood some so it will open without hitting the cowl vent. The new hood latch is only partially finished. The hood release cable has been run and fastened. The window wiring has been run and power run to it. It isn't completely finished but there isn't alot left. The front speakers are mounted in the kick panels. The seat belts are mounted. I hope tomorrow is more productive. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I quit mid afternoon today. The brain was tired. The speakers are mounted at 4 corners. The amp is wired. The tan console has been turned black and a bracket made to install it. The rear speaker mounts and the console are nutserted. I decided to run new wiring to the front speakers so the kick panels will have to come out again. I bolted everything back up and it went outside. I cleaned the garage up some and went for a ride. I went 18 miles and didn't have to walk or call the fire department. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

looking good! I especially like the un interrupted trip news .

UGLY OLDS

Today ...18 Miles ...Tomorrow ...THE WORLD     :!:  :!:  :!:

It's lookin' good KB ..  8)     That Mustang can't throw anything at you that you cannot smack outa' the park  :lol:  :lol:

I will send my Model A to you shortly .... :lol:  :lol:

Bob ....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

jaybee

Quote from: "kb426"I went 18 miles and didn't have to walk or call the fire department. :)

Sounds like a solid day right there!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

TEAM SMART

kb426

Taking a break, today I have run the wiring for the dc plug in the console, the wiring to the dome light and installed both door jamb switches, and finished the new wiring to the front speakers. Last night I started building a panel to hold the stereo unit in the glove box. I'm embarrassed at how long that took. It's as finished as it will be for a long time. The metal has some of the black abs plastic covering the bracket as much as possible. The hinges are tall and wide so there's ugly cutouts. Good thing is that the glove box will be closed most of the time. The stereo has a remote but I don't know if it will operate with the door closed or not. I had to get 2 90 degree elbows to run the ac drain back into the wiring cutout on the trans tunnel. All the wiring to the back of the cab is finished unless I build a power operated bed cover. There is a rocker switch in the console that would work well for that. I'm about to remove the seats again to install floor mat and fab a headliner. I want to do the headliner in one piece and that may not be within my skill level.
TEAM SMART