New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

KB .... Just to prove that I'm not kidding ...I looked for a harmonic balancer installation tool for 90 min. today .... :roll:
  Just too bull headed to believe it was not there ....  :twisted:

I found it right where it belongs ....With the tubing bending  tools   :shock:

I wonder what "safe" hiding place I should use this time  :?:
 I GOT IT   :idea:        In the same drawer as the harmonic balancer puller   :?:      Naw ....That's too easy ..... :lol:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Really lackluster update. I spent most of the day doing bondo work. I removed the floor and braces from the new box and gave it a bath.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Don't get excited. The first time the doors have been on the cab since being removed a year ago. They're not adjusted or anything good. It was easier to store them this way. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I went out this morning thinking I'd get the body work on the cab finished up and primered. I tried to adjust the door hinges but nothing good was happening. I measured the other cab I have and found that the door posts were a 1/4" farther apart than this one. Out comes the portapower. In a little bit I had nice door gaps. My memory isn't good enough to remember how the gaps looked when these trucks weren't very old but this has to be way better than it was. I did some more bondo work but aren't far enough along to primer the whole cab.
TEAM SMART

kb426

This will really excite you! I welded up the holes where the spotlight was. :)
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Spot on work if you ask me. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

jaybee

Looks good...and given the hard life most of these trucks have had most of the originals I've seen, driven, and ridden in have doors that open and close...but that's about it.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

Looks Good KB ....  8)   As far as the door gaps , remember that when our style cars & trucks were built the manufacture's did not hold the tolerances we expect today ...  
 On my Kidd's '37 Dodge , the right side door opening is .375 longer than the left side ... :shock:   Of course, the doors are the same length..  :roll:  

Adjust weather-strip & door welting to compensate ....   :idea:
 It's worked great for the last 85K miles or so.... :lol:

Truck is lookin' good .... 8)  

Bob .......... :wink
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

on my Anglia the reveal around the rad shell was 1/4" wider on the drivers side from the factory.

kb426

The first Mustang door latch conversion is in use. Lots of work to finish. The other door will be way quicker. :)

The first pic is the mess I started with.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Repeat of yesterday on the other side.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Outside door handle.
TEAM SMART

bucketmouth

oh wow,now that's showing off.  :)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

kb426

TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"I apologize. :)

to all the starving pygmies...........
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.