New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

More yet. Now we're caught up.
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Looks good KB. What color is that? It looks like a darker version of my car. (Mustang's Mineral Gray).
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Looks Good KB ...  This should be the final assembly , correct   :?:

It looks like you & I both use the same "baking booth" ... :lol:  Nature's Best ...   :idea:   :lol:   8)

Bob...  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

416Ford, the color is Kirker automotive medium charcoal gray. Whatever that is. :) Bob, unless I found that I have made a mistake, it should be the "in the words of Vince Gill" last last time. I found out that my front wheels have too deep of backspace so I have that to deal with. There were several "issues" on the front end parts. I believe that is the pc description of " that crap doesn't fit" without modification. If the weather cooperates tomorrow, I should have all that addressed and be back to working on the cab. It's 62 degrees here now! Where did my summer go to!!!!!
TEAM SMART

kb426

I'm working on plumbing. I didn't have enough parts to complete anything. "You'll get it on tuesday". No one to blame but myself. The pic is of the mustang rear brake line. Rear calipers overhauled and installed. Numerous small items completed not worthy of mentioning. Next weekend is the Salina show. It will be a while for more progress.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Rear brake lines started. I'm not satisfied, I don't know what I'll change yet.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I'm more satisfied with this end. I'll clamp it to the frame after the cab is on and it's connected to the hydroboost.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Rear lines changed. If I do more, I have to buy more tubing. :) I know they're not real good but I haven't decided if I'll do more or not.
TEAM SMART

416Ford

I like what you are doing KB but that filter seems like it will be a pain to change out from the underside?
I may be jumping the gun and you have more plans that I am not seeing. If so ... I am sorry.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

416ford, the plan is to loosen the hose clamp and slide it out of the bracket. There is some slack on the hoses so I might be able to angle it down and drain it into a pan. Because I'm reusing all the mustang hardware close to the tank, I was limited to options. My plan was to build this without spending a lot of money but not compromising safety or reliability. The budgets' doing ok but there is lots to do still. A week ago, a friend gave me a bed. It's not perfect but it's 20 times better than the one I had. That removes at least another $500 from the expenditures. I'll have to blast it and do a little rust repair but it's not beat, rusted, abused and left for dead. :) In case you're wondering, my time is not real valuable but the feeling of accomplishment is.
TEAM SMART

416Ford

In case you're wondering, my time is not real valuable but the feeling of accomplishment is.

I under stand that completely. I was just wondering if you could get the filter under the other line so the access would be a little easier in the tight area you have to work with.
Keep at it and stay on budget. Looking good so far.
Dave.

kb426

I'm staying home for a few weekends. There's lots to do whether I stay or leave. I made some clamps for the brake lines and the fuel lines today. I'll try to do better tomorrow. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Did a lot of work today with little results. Removed the fenders from the bed I'm not using. Put the engine in the frame and put it outside. The cab will come in and more work on it is next.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

jeez that frame looks nice.

kb426

TEAM SMART