New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

It's always the things you think are going to be easy which seem to take the most time, right?

This continues to be a fun thread to watch.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

The fuel lines are roughed in. I ordered some plastic clamps that will allow me to stack the large line on top of the 2 smaller lines running down the side of the frame. I'm not real happy with this but it still is my intention to use as much Mustang stuff as possible. I'm about to get irritated enough to spend another $500 on tools, though. I'd sure like to have the Mastercool flaring tool Frank mentioned and a real tubing straightener. I realize that brake and fuel lines are hidden but that isn't what this is about. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Really poor  update. New fuel line clamps.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Nice work routing the lines. I have machined parts for weather satellites but do you think I can bend lines to match a curve ? Again nice work.I enjoy your progress posts.

kb426

I'm at the LA Roadster show. No progress reorts this weekend.  :lol:  :lol:  :b-d:
TEAM SMART

kb426

I removed all the parts from the Mustang doors to try and retrofit the hardware to the 51. I also removed the rear window regulators to see if I could adapt them for power windows. The latch pic has the attaching bracket for the body stuck in place. It will be a while before I measure the doors to see if this is a good idea or not.
TEAM SMART

kb426

The stack of chrome-moly will become some sort of a rollbar or simple cage. The battery hold-down is for a group 75 side post battery. I may work on the top some more. I'm thinking about what I want it to look like. Because of the crossmember, the dzus tab is not centered so I offset the other one a like distance.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I can't post pics again. I'm blasting parts. No fun at all.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I really pegged the funmeter today! I blasted the frame and the running board supports and radiator -fender mount. I'm ready to paint the chassis now.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I finished painting the chassis and rear end. I would never say it was good but it won't rust now. :) It was 105 in the shop with 38% humidity. I looked like I went for a dip in a pool when I was finished.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I just finished painting the running board supports, core support and drive shaft loop. When and if I can post pics again, I'll update the last couple of posts. At least today I finished before it was 100 degrees in the shop. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Yesterday and today I installed the rear suspension and got a lot of the front end on. Tomorrow I should get it on four wheels. When we get the pic problem solved, I'll update everything. Sorry it isn't fixed.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

We Want Pictures   :!:   We Want Pictures  :!:   We Want Pictures  :!:   We Want Pictures  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sound like you're "gettin' it done" ..   It's neat that you are trying to use as much of the original Mustang as possible .  8)

Bob ..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

TEAM SMART

kb426

TEAM SMART