Back To the 50's

Started by 40, June 18, 2013, 10:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone going?? Turns out,I'm a bit ahead of schedule on the home we're building and I'll be waiting for materials so it looks like I'll be able to get away this Friday to slip up to Saint Paul for the weekend.The 37 project I've been working on will be finished this week at the upholsterers but I won't have enough time to finish up a few last minute details so it looks like I'll be driving the wife's 55.Usually set up camp in the NorthWest corner of the Fairgrounds.Going to take advantage of this little break at work.....New home sales are getting crazy again,I have 2 more large custom homes sold this year and 2 already scheduled for next year.....looks like any thoughts of slowing down as I get older are out the window!By the way.....Anyone have a couple extra rooms or have an idea where a fellow might find a couple?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat rat

I don't know if he's still doing the room thing or not but check with BobK.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

ragdol

I'll be there all weekend. Driving my '55 Chevy P/U. Will you be on the boulevard north of the track?

Yes......hopefully we'll be set up there in the shade.I'll have the wife's 55 Bel Air Hardtop......Stop if you get up that way.

Boyd Who

Man, I wish I was going!! Last time was in 2002. :(

40 Chev Coupe

A lot of flooding problems this year.

I made it up Friday afternoon......threw my back out early Saturday morning and had to get a ride back to my car from the EMT's.Spent the rest of the day at the hotel alternating between the pool and the hot tub trying to reduce the swelling so I could drive home.Made the agonizing trip home Sunday and spent this morning at the doctors......It's raining here AGAIN so I guess I'll take his advise and rest. The weather really sucked in St.Paul all weekend......the worst I've seen in all of the years I've been going.....Lots of flooding,downed trees etc all over town.

papastoyss

We went w/the Street Rodder mag Road Tour. Friday was really nice, not too hot.Man, that place was jumping, packed w/cars & people. I noticed a lot of younger folks too, maybe our hobby isn't dying after all. Heavy storms Friday night, some of our group went to the fair grounds early Sat. & called back to say no electricity & flooding at the site.More storms were forecast & we already had a close call w/hail earlier in the week in the St. Louis area. Several of us wimped out & headed for home. Long haul for one day at the event but we had a good time & made some new friends.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

ragdol

Sorry I missed you.Looked for a '55 from Nebraska Fri. & Sat. Now know why I didn't find you. Hope you get your back straighted out.