Crosley Automobile days are over for me

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, May 27, 2013, 08:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

This not an ad for the sale of my Crosley stuff....  just sorta  a post about a decision I finally made

I am getting ALL my Crosley cars and parts out. I've decided to sell it all off. I made the decision several days ago.

Spent part of this 3 day weekend digging stuff out.  Unloading the cars of the various parts I had stored in them.

I've got a bunch of parts.  3 CIBA engines, 1 CoBra engine, 2 crank cases misc parts up the waazoo.

Placed a few ads on forums, will see what happens.  We have a swap meet coming up, I may drag a car and stuff out to it.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Crosley wagon this morning.  A chevy 2.8 V6 engine with 700r4 trans mock up sitting in the car.  That crap has sit there for about 15 yrs. LOL

Pulled it out today.  Scrap yard here we come.  the V6 still spins free. HUH? setting for yrs out back with no carb on the intake
Tony

GPster

Will you change your name when it's all gone? At depressing times the thoughts about my Jeepster is the only thing of value has been the name it's allowed me to have. With the my (and the wife's) 65th this year and her 30th anniversary at the same job our accountant is trying to get us to down-size. Scary thoughts . GPster

58 Yeoman

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  It'll be a big load of your mind after you get rid of the cars.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

GPster

I just got on an re-read the post (dog and I are in Cincinnati now) and saw that that 700R was a mock-up tranny. I haven't asked this question yet becaue I'm so far away from needing the information. When I drove the S10 to park it for stripping I notced that it didn't have Park. Informaion that I have gathered while keeping my mouth shut leads me to believe that something in the tailhousing breaks when tha happens. If that's correct I would need one for a 700R behind a 2.5L 4 cylnder in a '87 S10. If it's not going to ruin a good tranny and it would work, save it for me.   still GPster

tomslik

i know i'm not missing any of the stuff i've got rid of over the past year,Crosley, of should i say "simca"?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "GPster"I just got on an re-read the post (dog and I are in Cincinnati now) and saw that that 700R was a mock-up tranny. I haven't asked this question yet becaue I'm so far away from needing the information. When I drove the S10 to park it for stripping I notced that it didn't have Park. Informaion that I have gathered while keeping my mouth shut leads me to believe that something in the tailhousing breaks when tha happens. If that's correct I would need one for a 700R behind a 2.5L 4 cylnder in a '87 S10. If it's not going to ruin a good tranny and it would work, save it for me.   still GPster

Parking pawl and related parts are not in the tail housing on a 700r4 type transmission
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"i know i'm not missing any of the stuff i've got rid of over the past year,Crosley, of should i say "simca"?

The past 4 years I sold 5 cars that I had owned for many years, and I dont miss them either.  

it's been 2 yrs since I sold the last car in that group...  time to change that.

the Simca may replace the Crosleys since those parking places out back are now open.

LOL
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Deal is not done till the money changes hands:

I've been paid. Crosley cars are history for me.  :lol:
Tony

WZ JUNK

You sold your namesake.  Is nothing sacred?

What will we call you now?  The former Crosley.

I can think of a few things to call you.  :lol:

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"Deal is not done till the money changes hands:

good news?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"

good news?

Good news to me.  Deal is done. The fellow will pick up last Crosley next week.

Sorting out more stuff to dump or sell...    before too long, I will be able to turn my Silverado around inside the shop.
Tony

papastoyss

One of my brothers is a fisherman. He says "if your hand don't smell like fish, you didn't catch him".
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

kiwipaul

Hi Crosley they would be rear cars? I have not seen one here but do remember the name way back in the 60's but they where real old cars in New Zealand when I was a kid
A Ford man that like all cars