1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

looks like the same deal enjenjo posted days ago:

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12826

certainly is a problem with design and parts.

A fellow commented to me last week;  the Chinese people have great engineers, great equipment, great - hard working people  and they choose to put out low quality parts instead of  the best parts
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

glad i sold FR stuff rather than offshore crap...but they had their issues, too.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

halfdone

Quote from: "Crosley"looks like the same deal enjenjo posted days ago:

Franks original post was an LVVTA Bulletin that provided an initial warning

This new link is a full LVVTA infosheet with far more detail and providing binding advise to vehicle certifiers in NZ

Well worth reading and diggesting

It is now out to all Australian ASRF Technical Advisory Committee's, and will be the basis of a new TAC policy shortly

Steering ain't something to save a few bucks on  
:shock:

Monte.b

Quote from: "halfdone"

This new link is a full LVVTA infosheet with far more detail and providing binding advise to vehicle certifiers in NZ

It is now out to all Australian ASRF Technical Advisory Committee's, and will be the basis of a new TAC policy shortly

gee Mark doesnt this company make cast iron dropped axles ,one of my favourite hates

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"glad i sold FR stuff rather than offshore crap...but they had their issues, too.

Federal Reserve ?  Stuff you sold?
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

OK .... the acronyms  part, I dont know the meaning.  Are these Gubmint agency or groups formed by private parties?
Tony

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

QuoteOK .... the acronyms part, I dont know the meaning. Are these Gubmint agency or groups formed by private parties?

The Low Volume Vehicle Technical Association sets the rules for homebuilt and low volume production  modified cars and trucks in New Zealand. Low Volume Vehicle Certifiers  use these rules to approve vehicles for registration in NZ
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

Sorry I missed that one.

Mac

Quote from: "Crosley"
A fellow commented to me last week;  the Chinese people have great engineers, great equipment, great - hard working people  and they choose to put out low quality parts instead of  the best parts

We dictate the price point we want a widget made for and they fill the order....the Wal-Mart model.
Who\'s yer Data?

tomslik

Quote from: "tomslik"glad i sold FR stuff rather than offshore crap...but they had their issues, too.

Federal Reserve ?  Stuff you sold?

yeah, you didn't know that?!?!?

yes, i used to sell street rod stuff...and the FR is Flaming River..
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

halfdone

OK .... the acronyms  part, I dont know the meaning.  Are these Gubmint agency or groups formed by private parties?

As Frank said, LVVTA are the body that manages technical standards for modified vehicles in New Zealand, and also trains and supervises engineering certifiers. They do this on behalf of the Government, but are self funded I believe

The ASRF is the Australian Street Rod Federation a membership based organisation that represents rodders, rod clubs and runs rego schemes for them and the Government. We have a Technical Advisory Committee in each state. I am a former elected director, and still on the board as the National TAC Coordinator. Both volunteer positions
We are kind of a cross between NSRG, Goodguys and SEMA, but without anywhere near the dollars  :wink: