Pictures for Phil

Started by sirstude, May 06, 2013, 04:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Phil,

I rode with my buddy this weekend up to a run in Great Falls in this Galaxie.  Thought you would like it, but not for sale, it is the only 63 he has.  His collection has at least one high horsepower Ford for every year from 59 though 73 or so.  Some of his friends are trying to talk him into putting his new 427 Cammer into this car, but I think he is going to use a wrecked notchback that he has.  When he was in high school he put a cammer in a notchback. This one was an original 4 speed 390 interceptor car that had the tri power added.  Just drives great with 118000 on the odometer.  Boy were these pictures hard to get down to 120k.  The story on the air cleaner is his dad borrowed the one off this car when his Tbird cleaner was getting polished.  His dad went through one of many divorces at that time and lost Buzz's air cleaner along with the Tbird to his ex.  Buzz kept the Tbird air cleaner when it came back from the polisher.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat rat

I'm assuming this is your buddy with the yard I was at. If so I've seen the collection Doug is talking about. It's a great collection of muscle with some that I would think are especially rare or unique
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

sirstude

Quote from: "phat rat"I'm assuming this is your buddy with the yard I was at. If so I've seen the collection Doug is talking about. It's a great collection of muscle with some that I would think are especially rare or unique

It is Buzz.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

58 Yeoman

Yep, nice car.  I was looking at a white one in TN, not an XL, but ended up buying one in Chicago.  Black with red interior, also not an XL.  Didn't make it home, though; lost oil pressure about half way, had to have it carted home.  Got home too late to do any checking on it.  Lifters rattling, but no knocks.

Still listed on ebay, too, and it's had another bid since I bought it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Beautiful-1963-1-2-Galaxie-390-V-8-/300901073207?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat rat

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Yep, nice car.  I was looking at a white one in TN, not an XL, but ended up buying one in Chicago.  Black with red interior, also not an XL.  Didn't make it home, though; lost oil pressure about half way, had to have it carted home.  Got home too late to do any checking on it.  Lifters rattling, but no knocks.

Still listed on ebay, too, and it's had another bid since I bought it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Beautiful-1963-1-2-Galaxie-390-V-8-/300901073207?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true

That had to hurt. I hope it's not too bad.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

sirstude

Good looking car, hope it turns out ok on the motor.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us