trunk gutter

Started by vso737, April 26, 2013, 10:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vso737

Could NOT find anything in the ARCHIVES about making the gutter rails inside the trunk compartment of a Ford Model A.

I have a few ideas BUT was wondering if anyone has done this and if so, what worked for you.

Thank you in advance,

Mike
:shock:
"you\'re killing me Larry!"

chimp koose

Ever try Mac's? I think they have them for the model T. Probably for the A as well.

vso737

Quote from: "chimp koose"Ever try Mac's? I think they have them for the model T. Probably for the A as well.

OH, I can purchase them............I'm building a LOW BUDGET ride and don't want to pay $300 for a bunch of sheet-metal strips that I can do myself for one tenth the cost.  That's what it would cost or pretty close to it by the time you pay the taxes and shipping, etc..

BESIDES........I'd be loosing out on the experience.

I'm sure someone has tackled this already................

Thanks again,
Mike
"you\'re killing me Larry!"

enjenjo

Are you looking to make the relatively straight pieces, or the curved sides? Complete pieces, or just partials?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Yeah that would make a big difference whether you need complete or partial. If I had to make it all from scratch, I think I would want to bend some thin walled square tubing if possible and slice it lengthwise for the curved sides then go from there. I have not done this but I did finish work on one that had a lot of modifications / repair work in that area. Looked at a pic I had from that and its either the tubing or a bunch brake bends and pie cuts in flat sheetmetal then lots of bending to fit and welding / grinding as far as I can tell. But I'm pretty new to fab work, and this is just my loose idea.
Matt

chimp koose

Never looked at the cost of those pieces. Ya 300 bucks would buy you a shrinker , stretcher ,a small brake and enough material to do it yourself.