Good Guys event in Scottsdale AZ , March 8 - 10, 2013

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 05, 2013, 10:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

It seems the shop tour on Good Guys happens on a thursday this year.  I guess the management of Good-Guys decided to add a extra day to the event ?  First I heard of it was on monday

Hughes Performance is on the tour this year.

Not sure if I am tagged for operating the transmittin dyno this year as in past shop tours that included  Hughes Performance.  Guess I will find out.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

well, ya ought to leave something loose for entertainment value;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"well, ya ought to leave something loose for entertainment value;)

oddly enough, a discussion about the dyno  and crowds around it came up on monday afternoon.  I've not been instructed as to any changes in operation.

the rev limiter is set at 4K RPM on the engine.  I know it will rev higher if needed.... the limiting factor is the load generator , max RPM on it is suggested 5k .. which seems too high for the size of the unit
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

We had a good turn out of folks at the shop tour run at Hughes.

I heard we served over 750  hotdogs on thursday.

The trans dyno was operated by me  and I answered about 1157 tech questions for folks.  I did not get to all folks questions , but I gave it a shot.  :shock:

the down side to me operating the dyno , i dont get outside to see the cars that come and go.  I did view some photos folks took
Tony

Glen

no goodguys for us....we are home shopping this weekend.   :roll:  :evil:  :D  :(  :-o  :cry:  :wink:  :?:  :!:  :idea:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"no goodguys for us....we are home shopping this weekend.   :roll:  :evil:  :D  :(  :-o  :cry:  :wink:  :?:  :!:  :idea:

you folks already have a nice house and shop .... U  need more room for children ?

:shock:
Tony

Glen

Children....are you talking to someone else? never...no way.

i would like to get a half acre, bigger home and a little bigger shop.  Would be nice to store the race trailer at the house.
Walked one in central phoenix today i love it, the wife unit....not so much.

zzebby

I'm in a county island with lots of other rodders, we all have an acre and trade tools and never a complaint. Near 101 and Elliot to Warner. Prices are reasonable now and the house next door is available but not listed.
zzebby  480-225-4991

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"Children....are you talking to someone else? never...no way.

I would like to get a half acre, bigger home and a little bigger shop.  Would be nice to store the race trailer at the house.
Walked one in central phoenix today i love it, the wife unit....not so much.

Buy At least 1/2 acre or more.  We have 1 acre here, wish I had 3 acres
Tony