home made tools

Started by enjenjo, March 04, 2013, 09:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I was a tool making fool this week. I made some seal drivers, and a rear end cradle for my floor jack. I spent $8on PVC pipe and fittings, everything else was out of the junk pile.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

butch27

Gonna make me one of those rear end cradle mounts.

1800guy

Great job on the rear-end jack adaptor.  I've been using the tranny jack, and it is always in the way.  Time to buy my welder buddy lunch again :lol:
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

taxpyer

I'm afraid I just have to have a rear end cradle. Thanks :D
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

kb426

Your junk pile must be bigger than mine. :D
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Quote from: "kb426"Your junk pile must be bigger than mine. :D
In enjenjo's case it's pileS.  :wink:
George

papastoyss

PVC pipe works great for seal drivers. I made a set for the cam drive belt & front crank seals on a 4 cyl Honda engine from PVC & they worked great.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

enjenjo

I used both of them this week and they worked great. It sure makes life easier. The rear axle cradle works good too, I installed a rear end in about 15 minutes today, and it did not fall off the jack once.

Crosley.In.AZ

Not home made... but here is a set of large snap ring pliers we just bought for use on the 6L80 GM transmittins
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wvcab

Quote from: "Crosley"Not home made... but here is a set of large snap ring pliers we just bought for use on the 6L80 GM transmittins

where does one find these?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "wvcab"
Quote from: "Crosley"Not home made... but here is a set of large snap ring pliers we just bought for use on the 6L80 GM transmittins

where does one find these?

MAnufactured by Adapt-A-Case , the pliers are sold thru distributors.  It appears Adapt a case does not sell direct to consumer
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rog

Hi Frank, do you have a closer pic of the axle stand?  I reckon it's a thing of beauty, Great idea  :D  Definately worth copying  :lol:  :lol:

enjenjo

Quote from: "rog"Hi Frank, do you have a closer pic of the axle stand?  I reckon it's a thing of beauty, Great idea  :D  Definately worth copying  :lol:  :lol:

I'll get one for you. It's lent out to my grandson right now, installing it's third rear end.

34ford

Quote from: "rog"Hi Frank, do you have a closer pic of the axle stand?  I reckon it's a thing of beauty, Great idea  :D  Definately worth copying  :lol:  :lol:

If you click on franks picture it will open up a new window with a bigger picture and then if you click on that picture it will get bigger and you will have to scroll up and down and right and left to see the stand.

At least that is what it does on my puter when I click on it.

bc

rog

Thanks for that 34ford, worked perfectly   :D

Great idea Frank, definately worth copying looks like u channel, 1/4 plate, 1/2 bar stock & some rhs?