Shop Gatherings, Lost Knowledge Session #1, No. Virginia

Started by oj, January 15, 2013, 07:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oj

This winter i am hosting a series of seminars in my shop, the first one is this Sunday the 20th of Jan.
We will begin with Dave Krolak of Nostalgia Works, Dave will do brake systems from Model 'A' spindle and conversion to hydraulics to modern disc brakes.  He'll explain the system design, master cyl sizing and wheel cyl calculations, proportioning valves, etc and explain it so's you understand it.
Then I will do a presentation on wireing.  I'll start with the proper tools, proper connectors, explain basic wireing principles, how to design and make a harness and generally confuse everybody.
The major topic is ignition systems and we'll start that with Ted Bennett PE, Ted will dissect a coil and explain how it actually works.
Carl Anderson of Early American Auto Restoration will go into the early points style distributors, what to rebuild, how dwell works, what vacuum does.  He demonstrate them on a Sun 504 machine so you can actually see them working.  We might be able to make up a sparkplug rack and connect the whole mess to a Sun Scope/Analyzer.
After Carl we will have John from Electromotive, he will take us from the points style to modern coilpack ignitions.  He will go into the history behind the CD type ignitions and explain thier workings and compare them to the modern coilpack systems.  He will have some of thier state of the art engine management systems with him and do a demo for us - John is an engineer, not a saleman so this isn't going to be an 'infomercial'.  
Electromotive are the guys that developed the coilpack ignition on your dailydriver, if you are considering a fuel injection management system then this is the guy you might want to ask the odd questiion, this is a rare oppertunity.  
We begin at 10am, we'll have a buffet lunch and we go until we are done.  It is all free!
I hope to see you there.
Oh, it is at Clarke Co. Speed; 607 E. Main St., Berryville VA  22611; 540-955-0479; www.clarkecountyspeed.com  ojh4@verizon.net

39deluxe

Sounds like a great event. I wish I was closer.

Tom

Bruce Dorsi

WOW !!!

That sounds like a great way to spend a day.

Thanks for the invite !!!

I would have gladly accepted, but I already have a commitment for that day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

kb426

It's only 1500 miles. I'll be right over. Living in the boonies has some down sides.
TEAM SMART

GPster

Thanks for the invitation but 245 miles of Rt 50 in the winter is kind of unpredictible. I'll keep watching to see if the weather might not be so scary on some of your other get togethers. GPster

BFS57

Hello;
WOW! This sounds too good to be happening! You know, I hate to say, but if you wanted to, you could broadcast this series on the internet. Or, video it and make copies available to any body requesting.
Wish there was something like that going on here in Orlando!
A very long time ago, when I owned and operated my recording Studio, I hosted a series of seminars on recording. There was plenty of participation and was quite sucessful in helping others plan and get ready for recording their projects. In those days the internet wasn't!

Bruce