Goodguys which one?

Started by bucketmouth, December 14, 2012, 08:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Quote from: "bucketmouth"Ok guys I need your help,I coming for two weeks and I'm doing the GGs Pullyup one weekend and the following weekend the Louisville Nats.
What I need to know is which airport do I fly to in Washington from L.A. so I can book a flight to get there.

cheers

I would guess that SeaTac is the nearest,  I think there is an airport in tacoma also.  See you there, since I am going to Puyallup also.  I will be visiting with you at Bonneville too.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

bucketmouth

Thanks Doug but I should say that after being let down by a couple of people I'm now coming over on my own for a shortened period hence why I'm not going to Speedweek unfortunately.
Nether the less ill still have a good time especially as its been a few years since I've been over.ill make the most of the two weeks anyway :D
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

enjenjo

Maybe I'll see you at Louisville.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bucketmouth

Yep I'll try and find you guys this time with some luck.

bucketmouth

I'm looking at booking a room at the Sleep Inn on Preston Hwy in Louisville as its within walking distance to the Fair Grounds for the Nats.
Any one have a view on this place,all the views I have read seem to contradict each other.

sirstude

Quote from: "bucketmouth"Thanks Doug but I should say that after being let down by a couple of people I'm now coming over on my own for a shortened period hence why I'm not going to Speedweek unfortunately.
Nether the less ill still have a good time especially as its been a few years since I've been over.ill make the most of the two weeks anyway :D

so, does this mean you are not gong to Puyallup afterall too?

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

bucketmouth

Quote from: "sirstude"
Quote from: "bucketmouth"Thanks Doug but I should say that after being let down by a couple of people I'm now coming over on my own for a shortened period hence why I'm not going to Speedweek unfortunately.

so, does this mean you are not gong to Puyallup afterall too?

Doug

I'll be going to Puyallup and the following weekend the NSRA in Louisville, only the two events this time round but it will be good just the same.
Three more sleeps to go :D

sirstude

You have my number so call me in Puyallup when you are there.  We are headed out Wednesday morning early to beat the heat to Moses Lake.  Over to Puyallup on Thursday, again early.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

bucketmouth

bucketmouth

Well first day at Puyllup Goodguys and a pretty good show.Lots of cars and great weather. I got a bit sunburnt and my feet are killing me from all the walking I did. Bought some merchandise  and then went to the drags at Pacific raceway. Pretty good day....good for day 1 tomorrow will be better.

Sirstide I'll give you a call tomorrow so we can meet and have a chat.

sirstude

Quote from: "bucketmouth"Well first day at Puyllup Goodguys and a pretty good show.Lots of cars and great weather. I got a bit sunburnt and my feet are killing me from all the walking I did. Bought some merchandise  and then went to the drags at Pacific raceway. Pretty good day....good for day 1 tomorrow will be better.

Sirstide I'll give you a call tomorrow so we can meet and have a chat.

Sorry my phone was not working correctly and I couldn't figure out who was calling.  And sure missed seeing you and getting together.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

sirstude

Gary Medors, made quite the announcement at Puyallup.  Next year it will be a week long event.  Monday,Tuesday, and Wednesday, will be tours of private collections in the Tacoma/Seattle area.  Thursday will be the poker run, that this year ended up at the LeMay museum.  What a place that is.  The highest number I saw there was 2783, so probably right at 2700 cars there for the 26th annual event.  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

bucketmouth

I really enjoyed the Goodguys ,2700 cars that's all! I walked my feet off trying to see it all. I went back Sun morning for one more look around then headed off for San Francisco . I'm going to Sacremento Vintage Ford tomorrow morning for a look then I'll make my way down to L.A.
Yeah it was too bad we couldn't hook up Doug,it was a bit hard with all the noise and the phone dropping out.Never mind maybe another time.
I glad I went Pullyup it was cool :D

bucketmouth

Boy busy day today went to Sacremento Ford,Ferrari hotrods,SoCal,American Pastimes and Rods r Us was a good shop with lots going on there.
Tomorrow I'm heading for Schroeder Steering then to the airport for Louisville

Charlie Chops 1940

Hope you have a good trip to Louisville. Sorry to hear that you won't make Speed Week.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!