NEW BUILD DAY

Started by enjenjo, November 27, 2012, 08:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

You were both missed. Fatcat, Hotrodladycruiser, fast401, and I were the ones who made it. HRPP called in sick this morning, I hope he is feeling better.

We tacked the front axle in the proper position, and installed the four bar brackets with the caster at 12 degrees, figuring we can adjust less or more as needed. Denise and I fabricated the lower shock brackets for our coil over shocks. I picked up a pair of Proshock coil overs at a local swap meet, and had them rebuilt, and revalved for drag/landracing. The valving is 5/4 as recommended by Proshock.

Fatcat and Fast401 reworked the door latches ro eliminate a binding problem we had, and reshaoed the door openings to get a better fit on the doors.They also did some hammer and dolley work around the rear of the top and rear window. The doors open and close nice now.

We laid out the cut lines for the rear wheel openings, with the rear raised about 3" the openings are more reasonable. We did not cut them yet.We also laid out cut lines for a deck lid for battery and fuel tank access.

We installed stub axles in the rear end so we can mock up rear brakes, and be able to make it a roller.

Denise spent some time sanding off old paint and rust so we have a sound foundation for further work.

I think if we can get one or two people here at a time during the week, we may do some mini build days as just having a couple people here worked out this time. What do you think?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

Quote from: "enjenjo"
I think if we can get one or two people here at a time during the week, we may do some mini build days as just having a couple people here worked out this time. What do you think?

Yes, more people don't always equal more work being done.

enjenjo

Quote from: "unklian"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

Yes, more people don't always equal more work being done.

The suggestion was made that with many of us retired, a mini build day held on a week day would create more opportunities to work on the car.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Here are some of the photos I took from last Sundays build day.  I had a great time hanging out and helping a little.  Looking forward to the next one.

The Franks working on the passenger door fit

I worked on part of the shock mounts

Little more to go

The boys working on the body

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Two workers, one supervisor!  LOL

Frank let me drill the holes!

Can you spot the "mistake" in this photo?  We did it on purpose as Frank had made a comment on finding mistakes in car mag's "staged" photos so we had to stage one of our own. LOL

Do as Frank says, not as he does!  lol

I also got to do alittle grinding on the body

Frank and Frank working on the drivers door fit

Mikej

Thanks for photos Denise. Does that grinder run on thin air?

purplepickup

Great pics Denise.  Thanks.  

It looks like lots of progress was made.  Probably partly because of enjenjo's preplanning and a whole lot due to some good workers.  Sorry to have missed the day but I'm really sick....still.

I think Mikej's eagle eye caught the mistake in your staged pic.  I missed it at first.
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Mikej"Does that grinder run on thin air?

BINGO!  
Frank had mentioned a photo in R&C without the air hose attached so we thought we'd see if you guys would noticed.  Sharp eye bud.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "purplepickup"Sorry to have missed the day but I'm really sick....still.

Hope you are feeling better real soon.  You were sorely missed.
As soon as you're feeling up to it we'll plan for another one.

Joe and Tim were very missed as well.

enjenjo

since the race car is still in the shop, anyone up for a build day jan 13?

GPster

I'm starting to put my schedual together and it looks like it might be      do-able for me. I might have to cancel at the last minute if there is snow flying somewhere along the 265 mile trek. I'll be checling on accomedations. Maybe my older truck and the CJ7 will sell this week> I'm planning on a loss but Linda may have a different idea what they're worth. GPster

moose

Sorry Frank, I will not make this one either...

enjenjo

Something has come up. I will not be able to have the build day sunday the 13th. That's the bad news. The good news for the race car, but not me, the next car in has been delayed, so I can keep it in the shop until the first of the month. So is there another day we can do it during the rest of the month? I am busy the 19th, but free otherwise at this point.

purplepickup

I don't know if there's anything I can do to help but the flu is clearing up some so I'm available most any time.
George

39deluxe

I'll have to check to see if we have anything planned but I may be able to come over.