rebuilt parts from China???

Started by 48ford, November 06, 2012, 10:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

Grandson is in the Army,and is stationed in Texas.
He is home with his family and his car won't charge(alternator)
So insted of going to the junk yard I go to one of the big name stores,and get him a rebuilt one.
I figure if it craps out again he can exchange it in Texas.
I pull it out of the box and there a sticker on it the said rebuilt in China!!!!
Now you can't tell me it's cheaper to send the core over there ,rebuild it and ship it back.
I was shocked,
We have come to this
Russ

wayne petty

look closely..  it might be in a rebuilt box.. but from china.. it could be a new one in the box...   lack of cores forces suppliers to buy cheep china parts to get cores back to rebuild...

lack of cores...  think about how many parts chain stores you have near you..

next time you need a master cylinder.. be sure to check the reman box first..  many times they are new in the box..

let me count mine off..

closest is a peb boys.. az, oreilly. az az, a real wholesale parts store. Az  another real wholesale parts store... az az    yes..  5 az stores within 5 miles..   most of these were actually chief stores before az bought chief..

Warpspeed

A very large amount of ORIGINAL stuff now comes from China anyway.

So you buy a brand new American Ford/GM assembled car, made mostly from Chinese manufactured parts assembled in America and it all o/k, huh ?

But if you buy the same identical parts straight from China at a third of the price, the parts must be total crap.

America has now totally priced itself out of the world market.

Soon all Americans will be out of work, buying all
fully imported stuff.

But as long as some American company somewhere, repackages it, and hikes the price four times, Americans will be overjoyed to pay many times extra for the exact same part.

I once worked for a company that did this.

The boxes said "made here" but the parts all came from China.
The cardboard boxes themselves were actually locally made, so it was all quite legal.

Arnold

There is now no escape from this.
Other than crippling protectionism(which just keeps a lid on things for awhile)
The price differential between "Buy American"..or "Buy Canadian"
and China is just too great to "eat". At a certain point..sure "Buy
American" or "Buy Canadian"..BUT what if you do and it is made in China ANYWAY? Which is more and more the case.
I have no complaints so far about "cheap" stuff that is 1/4 to 1/3 the price.
I just bought "cheap" brake parts online delivered to my door for literally 1/3 the cost of what was probably made in China anyway at my local parts stores.The cost for the same parts for my truck is 1/4.

SORRY..but there is just a point...

Blue jeans at Wally..that have been worn and dirty and washed
and still wash and look great..$7.99

I am TEMPTED to buy Triangle..made in China tiires..they are less than
1/2 the cost of tires here. And now I am even seeing them for sale used here!

I bought a 3/4" socket set made in China..$30. I ended up having to wail on the ratchet with a sledge hammer! Nothing broke.

57larry

who sells the tires from China?

Arnold

Quote from: "57larry"who sells the tires from China?

Sorry..just a quick reply..I don't know off hand who sells them?
I came across them on one of the online tire retailers. Triangle was the brand..they came in a lug/winter in a 245/75/16 LT I don't know what else? and since then I have seen them for sale used here. They were like $100 shipped.

enjenjo

Quote from: "57larry"who sells the tires from China?

Harbor Freight, and Northern tool among others. The last two sets of tires I bought for DDs were Hancook, made in China.

Before I retired, we were having trouble getting recap-able tire carcasses. We were buying containers full of bald carcasses from China, just to have something to recap.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

BFS57

Hello;
I try my best not to purchase the chinese junk! I have to shop on line ar Roc Auto, at least they list the part you are looking for and give you the different mfg. countrys! If I cant find USA, I look at Canada!

Bruce

38HAULR

Looks like everything in the way of finished goods  comes out of China these days. :(  :(  :(  :(  :( .
We see it here down under.One plus for us is that as long as they are doing it ,our mining sector in both Western Australia and Queensland is propping up our economy by shipping them raw materials. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .
Kept us isolated from the global recession
Frank.