New guy intro, Blown 66 Chevelle SS. Street, Drag, Touring

Started by Blown66SS, September 09, 2012, 12:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown66SS

Hey everyone,  I live near Portland, Oregon and have been doing a frame off build on My 66.  I had a 10 second 1/4 mile street 85 Monte Carlo for many years and finally decided to build a 1966 Chevelle like I had in High School.  What started as "just put the Monte running gear in the Velle and drive it" went sideways when I found some body rust and couldn't ignore it.  I am building it entirely the way I want it and taking my time.  I will get it togethr for next summer and drive it in primer until funds allow for paint.  The list of my mods is huge so here is a quick list of what's in it so far.

Detroit speed front suspension with splined sway bar.
Currie track 9 custom rear set up with N case locker and 3.50 gear.
Kore 3 Corvette discs all around.  
Strange double adjustable shocks all around and Budzster rear coil adjusters.
740HP Roots Blown SBC with dual 1150 Dominators.
TH400 with brake and Gear Vendors OD.
Working on custom dash with full rack of Autometers now and wiring the car.
Powdercoated frame, Lizard Skin and Wurth underbody sealed.
That's enough for now.  I can't post pics since I am new so pics will have to wait.

enjenjo

Welcome aboard. We have a great group here. Looking forward to pictures of your build.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Welcome. Also looking forward to some pictures, that sounds like quite a build!

39deluxe

Welcome,

Sounds like a fun build. I'll be looking forward to the pics.

Tom

Welcome! I love the 60's Chevelles......Had a 67 once upon a time that I wish I had back......It's on my "bucket list" of cars I want to own again before I croak. 12 cars on the list.......I have the first 7  but I'm running out of steam....not sure I'll get the other 5 aquired/finished before I die! Look forward to some photos!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

jaybee

Welcome! the 67 SS is one of my all time favorite cars, not much different from the 66.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

Welcome to the RRT .. You will find this a fun place to be ... No BS & VERY knowledgable folks here ... 8)

Your build sounds neat ...gotta see some photos ....

Bob ..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Blown66SS

I just need to post some more and earn my pic posting privileges.  Oooh, this post counts!  Glad to hear this is a mellow group, sites where people disrespecting each other get old real quick.

oj

Welcome to thr RRT, love a 66-7 chevelle.  I have done a great deal of work on a '66 and used some of the things you have on your list, including the Detroit Speed stuff so if you need advice etc don't hesitate to shoot me a pm, ok?

rumrumm

Welcome to the RRT! We are all anticipating photos of your build. We love photos!!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

zzebby

Welcome. I too have a 66 velle, although all original 396 SS.  Have  few extra bits and pieces left over if you are stuck for something. Lots of good advice here on the RRT  and easy going too.

Blown66SS

I appreciate the warm welcome.  zzeby, all I really need is a center console that I can fix up, otherwise I just about have my needs list covered. Thanks for the warm welcome.  I will try to post some pics.  I need to find a new server to keep my build pics on since Multiply is closing down.  I have to try to get all my data off their by year end.

zzebby

Looks familiar  and looks good. Mine has been done for some 10 yrs or so and actually has 2 rust spots that should be fixed.  I only have one consol, original and I've never installed it,  just so brittle that I keep it on the shelf and just look at it.  I have carpet over the hump.  I see you have an alum rad,  good thinking, I have the original 4 core and it barely keeps itself cool in AZ weather.  I have factory a/c but never bothered to hook it up.  No way it would cool itself.  Have fun with it and post more pics.