Don's Pleasanton Photos

Started by DRD57, August 29, 2012, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

oj

There are some very nice cars there!  very nice.  I am going to make a swag at that one, is it a citroen? at first i thought daimler and now i really don't have a clue.  Neat car.
Seems almost every car i wanted to ask you a question or two about it and by the time i got to what i think is a model a roadster on '32 rails without the windshield i just altogether gave up on questions and enjoyed them as presented.
Thanks, oj

Fat Cat

Quote from: "oj"There are some very nice cars there!  very nice.  I am going to make a swag at that one, is it a citroen? at first i thought daimler and now i really don't have a clue.  Neat car.
Seems almost every car i wanted to ask you a question or two about it and by the time i got to what i think is a model a roadster on '32 rails without the windshield i just altogether gave up on questions and enjoyed them as presented.
Thanks, oj

If your talking about this one

I think it is a Desoto Airflow.

oj

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "oj"There are some very nice cars there!  very nice.  I am going to make a swag at that one, is it a citroen? at first i thought daimler and now i really don't have a clue.  Neat car.
Thanks, oj

If your talking about this one

I think it is a Desoto Airflow.

You might be right!  When i moved into this shop there was one of them sitting beside the building, i added onto that side of the building and the cars' owner came and gathered it up.  He wouldn't sell it to a hot rodder.  It was complete, original paint.  I had looked it over some and loved the deco detailing in the door handles etc, i can't remember what the front looked like as much as wondering how on earth i could get a big engine down in it - it has like a bonnet for a hood.  Anyway, it is still sitting where the owner dropped it off, last i saw it had the windows rolled down or knocked out and has (i think)romex cable holding the doors from opening and the interior is filled with hubcaps!
I will go there today or tomorrow and take some pics!
I don't think it looks exactly like the one in the photo, but it a desoto airflow for sure.

Carnut

Great Pics of some sharp cars. Do I detect a bit of color bias there?

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Carnut"Great Pics of some sharp cars. Do I detect a bit of color bias there?

Gee ...I see it too ... :shock:   EVERY photo has something red in it ... :lol:

Bob ....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

TEAM SMART