Cruising home story

Started by rumrumm, July 02, 2012, 09:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumrumm

I was cruising home Sunday morning in my deuce from the GG show in Des Moines. I was running 75 mph on a four-lane highway listening to the stereo and not watching my rear view mirror all that often when an Iowa State Trooper pulled up beside me. I thought, "Oh-oh. Speeding ticket!" He looked at the car, gave me a nod which I returned, and he went on his way cruising at least 10 mph faster than the 75 I was going. Must have been a car guy!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

rooster

I like story's with good endings! :D

Mikej

Late to the coffee shop. Speed limit doesn't apply to the police in Iowa. Neither does tailgaiting. If one passes me I just fall in behind them and keep up. Lynn, You should have raced your motor  a couple of times.

phat46

If you're on an expressway around here they don't even blink if you at 75. I have a hunting buddy that's a retired Deputy Sherriff, I asked him what his peramiters were for speeders. He said "Stop at five over, ticket at 10 over"  I asked what he'd do if I was eight over....he said it would depend on what kind of a day he was having... :lol:

57larry