Help, someone talk sense to me.

Started by t-vicky, June 29, 2012, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

well, it'd look great on this 56 ford wagon i'm doing at work (312/auto car) but i think the guy is running out of $$$...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

t-vicky

It would look great on my wall too. But, I am running out of money.  There, I talked myself out of it.

Crosley.In.AZ

Stay away from it.  Too much money.  Prices on some items are getting way silly
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Arnold

Quote from: "tomslik"well, it'd look great on this 56 ford wagon i'm doing at work (312/auto car) but i think the guy is running out of $$$...

just buy it for the guy..and throw it in... :D

zzford

I like nostalgia as much as the next guy, but what these guys are paying for obsolete speed parts is crazy! Then there is the cost for a built flathead (or any earlier engine). You can spend a fortune to go really slow. For me, no thanks!

40 Chev Coupe

Bought one last year with carbs and all for $150. Sits on the shelf with the rest of the stuff. Looking to build more shelves.

t-vicky

Just checked on it & the price is down to $400.  I still havent called them.

kb426

Now it's making sense. Wait a minute, I have no sense! I used to own a top fuel car among other items.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

Old Blue

Quote from: "zzford"I like nostalgia as much as the next guy, but what these guys are paying for obsolete speed parts is crazy! Then there is the cost for a built flathead (or any earlier engine). You can spend a fortune to go really slow. For me, no thanks!

I have a freshly built Y Block for my 26 RPU and if there is one thing Y Blocks are, it isn't slow.

t-vicky

Having owned a dozen or more Y-blocks I must agree.  It gives me great pleasure to shut down a SBC.  Dont own one now but this tri power is off the first one I had.  It is still out there & I havent called yet.