Help, someone talk sense to me.

Started by t-vicky, June 29, 2012, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-vicky

Found this on craglist a couple of days ago.  I need this like a hole in the head, I dont even own a Y-block ford anymore.  Its just that it is the same one that I had on my T-coupe back in 73.  I reconize the nasty linkage & gas lines.  The guy thinks it is worth a $1000.  Someone talk me out of offering him a couple hundred for a wall hanging.

Mikej

Go all in.... the whole $1000 :P     Did that help? :lol:

Carnut

Memories, nostalgia are priceless.

Harry

phat46

Buy it cheap and flip it on the HAMB... :lol:

kb426

Throw your computer in the dumpster so you won't be tempted anymore. A grand is serious pocket cash for most. Did that help????
TEAM SMART

t-vicky

Well, at lest I havent called about it.  Yet.

Warpspeed

In another forty years it could be worth eighty, maybe a hundred grand.
Would be a very astute investment.

enjenjo

I have a nice 292 that I will make you a deal on. :twisted:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom36

Quote from: "phat46"Buy it cheap and flip it on the HAMB... :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Tom...

Carnut

I sure did like that Y-block setup

t-vicky

I know! Thats why I am thinking about it.  There is no way I will go a grand for it tho. I sold the whole motor for a $100 in 73.

phat rat

Quote from: "t-vicky"I know! Thats why I am thinking about it.  There is no way I will go a grand for it tho. I sold the whole motor for a $100 in 73.

I sold a 40 Ford cpe project for $200 in the fall of 72. How much do you figure that would go for now? Certainly more than 10 times that
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

1800guy

When I think back on things I bought that I didn't need vs things I didn't buy, I regret more of the missed ones.  
If you buy and then regret it, you can always re-sell.  If you let it go and regret it, well...
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

river1

Quote from: "1800guy"When I think back on things I bought that I didn't need vs things I didn't buy, I regret more of the missed ones.  
If you buy and then regret it, you can always re-sell.  If you let it go and regret it, well...

BINGO
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.