DOH!!!

Started by river1, June 11, 2012, 03:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oj

Ah the process of Natural Selection, its nice to see Mother Nature handing out just a warning.

Uncle Bob

That's one tough tree........
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

phat rat

Now the question is. Did he have insurance? Different circumstances but, years ago I knew a young guy who had his new Firebird in winter storage. One night after having a few too many he took the 6 month old car out and missed a curve rolling it several times. He came out ok but the car was totaled and no insurance because it was supposed to be in storage. He had to pay make the payments on it for quite awhile
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rrumbler

Too much enthusiasm, too little common sense or experience (depending on your point of view).  My Brother's stepson got a new Toyota 4x4 for his graduation present (his Mom spoils her kids) and before the day was out, he had sidehilled it a bit too aggressively and rolled it about a thousand feet down a mountainside.  By the Grace of God, nobody was hurt more than a few scratches, and there were three of them in the truck.  Live and learn.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

river1

Quote from: "phat rat"Now the question is. Did he have insurance? Different circumstances but, years ago I knew a young guy who had his new Firebird in winter storage. One night after having a few too many he took the 6 month old car out and missed a curve rolling it several times. He came out ok but the car was totaled and no insurance because it was supposed to be in storage. He had to pay make the payments on it for quite awhile

in AZ if you have insurance on a current vehicle the insurance company has to cover new vehicles for three days. i guess it is to give you time to contact the insurance company if you buy on a weekend or holiday. i'm sure the insurance company will put up a fight on the above situation and it will be an expensive lesson to be sure

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

Man, I'm  relieved! When I saw the topic I thought I had messed up again. :lol:
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Man, I'm  relieved! When I saw the topic I thought I had messed up again. :lol:

I had the SAME thought ... :!:  :!:  :shock:  :lol:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

A co-worker of mine bought a 2012 Mustang over the weekend.  V6 power, Pony upgrades (what ever that means) , nice looking car.

it still bugs me the way the windows automatically drop and raise slightly as you open & close the doors
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

zzford

Parnelli Jones he ain't.

jaybee

One day when I was in High School (a looong time ago) I was sitting in math class. I don't remember hearing a noise that attracted my attention but I looked out the window and saw four wheels spinning on an upside down car in the ditch across the road. This was when original musclecars were absolutely at their rock bottom price and it's amazing how many of them were in the hands of kids my age. As it turns out someone had had changed his 429 Cobra Jet Mustang from Summer tires to snow tires the night before, and found out the car didn't have quite the same grip as he gassed it out of the parking lot to skip class.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

wayne petty

got more cash... this is the way to make it vanish..

i almost feel like crying looking at some of these...

wondering if they will get crushed for scrap...

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/gt40/index.shtml

this is even worse... as enzos cost two to three times as much as a GT40.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/enzo/

ya wonder in looking at the amount of the enzos torn in half just in front of the B pillar.. if they need more reinforcing there to keep the passenger part of the TUB intact..

perhaps there should be increased standards for cars that will go over 120 mph..  or side impact testing with a swinging car on a rolling mount and a telephone pole..

these views make me want to cut a hole in the end of the rocker panels and slide in several pieces of steel tubing. to reduce deflection of the lower rocker/door jam..

in the Tech links i posted to one of the SR sites.. i noticed a link that showed a cage that was installed inside the cowl of the roadster they were working on..

look at the first picture in this article..

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/techarticles/1208rc_the_modified_changes_direction/index.html

i would think that a little more triangulation might be needed between the first and second hoop..  and some creative mounting plates to attach it to reinforced areas on the frame.. so the body is still Unbolts..

perhaps getting somebody with like chris alston who i think had a mandrel bending tooling for rectangular tubing to bend up something that form fits inside the body...

but then i could be totally WRONG.

Arnold

What's that line..oh yeah.."Whiskey Bottles And Brand New Cars..
Oak Tree You're In My way"  Man..there are some trees that are not very thick but can stop just about anything.

parklane

1.2 million sperm and he won??   :roll:  :roll:
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??