anyone near mentor, ohio..... need some help

Started by wvcab, June 08, 2012, 11:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvcab

my boss is broke down, he is driving a lincoln limo, and lost the altenator, he has got the altenator changed but cant get the belt back on.  

he has cancer, and is in a lot of pain....  anyone near by who could give him a hand?

wayne petty

is it a transverse engine lincoln...

the belt has to go a different direction around the water pump.

i spend an 30 minutes trying to get a belt on a fwd ford just a few weeks ago...

i messed up with the side of the belt that runs around the water pump pulley.. its like the belt is an inch too short..

the flat side of the belt goes over the water pump pulley...

got a year.. i will look up the belt routing...

sorry i am on the west coast like you...

once you get the belt routed properly...  its really really really easy to get on...

its truly NOT OBVIOUS how the belt fits..

they must have been laughing when they designed that routing..   like a puzzle box..

this might be it..

http://www.gates.com/common/part_locator/diagrams/S7029.jpg

this is a link to the GATES catalogs online..

on a mobile look in the app store for Gates... NaviGates

wvcab

thank you wayne,

it is a 2000, rwd.  i forwarded the belt routing diagram... it should help him... he called a local shop, and they were closing for the weekend, told him to call back on monday.  not a whole lot of help. he is in pain(lower extremities) so that is not helping.  he is not mechanically inclined, and can get the belt routed, but while trying to get the tensioner loosened so he can get it around the altenator, it comes off elsewhere. He has watched me put on numerous times, and sees how easy i can do it, so this has him fustrated, plus the meds, plus the pain.... :oops:  :(

slocrow

Sorry, just saw this and I'm close. I hope he's well on his way by now.....
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

wvcab

yes a good night sleep, and a pic of the belt routing.... he is in wyoming somewhere.