GoodGuys KC

Started by awsum34, August 14, 2004, 06:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awsum34

I know Louisville jusst got over.  But who is plainning to go to GG in Kansas City?

If you need any info on hotels or the speedway or places to eat. just ask. i live about 1 1/2 from the host hotel. and about 10 mile from the speedway.

Or who ever is coming and is having trouble give me a call. i have a lift and tools.
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

Hi Rick...Where have you been hiding?? I am going to try my best to make the K.C. show.Last time I was there,they were building a couple of new motels near the race track...I assume they are finished?I'll bet they are expensive as well as probably already full.Last trip I stayed at an American Inn or something close that was reasonable and not to bad.At your convenience,I'd appreciate any info on the hotel situation and as it gets closer,let's make some plans for dinner one night as well as a meeting point/time at the track.You can send to PepperTaker@aol.com Thanks!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

34ford

Quote from: "awsum34"I know Louisville jusst got over.  But who is plainning to go to GG in Kansas City?

If you need any info on hotels or the speedway or places to eat. just ask. i live about 1 1/2 from the host hotel. and about 10 mile from the speedway.

Rick,

Planning on comming down. Could you post or send me the information on the host hotel and the ones by the speedway.

thanks,  bob  bchomes@juno.com

awsum34

Daryle, After my computer crashed i'm not on-line like i used to be. I still check in now and then.
As for hotels close to the speed way. Don't know where you spent the last time you were here. The ones at the speed way are high dollar, i think Wolf Creek Lodge ia around 200 a night. The two off I-70 (i think you spent the night at one of them) are Microtel at the Speedway (913-334-3028)there $80 and Hampton Inn Speedway ((913-328-1400)are $118.

When it gets closer we'll set a time and place, see who all is coming,

Bob,  The Host hotel is Marriot (913-451-8000)  $79.00  there about 10 miles for the Speedway.
In walking distance of the Host hotel you have:
Pear Tree Inn  (913-451-0200)  $55.00

and about 1/4 mile from the Host you have:
Club House Inn (913-648-5555)  $69.00
Super 8  (913-341-4440     $50 to $70
Embassy Suites  (913-649-7060)   $99.00
Wellesley Inn   (913-642-2299)   $69.00 to $77.00

if you need more there's more around the 1/2 to mile away from the host.

The host hotel and Pear Tree Inn. you have 3 restaurants in walking distance,  Apples Bees, * Clarks American bandstand, KC Master Piece BBQ.

You also have within a Mile of the host.  (nort on Metcalf) Jack Stack BBQ, Denny's, Macronni Grill, Red Lobster, Chinees,
South on Metcalf you have.  A steak house (can't rmember the name right off)  steak and shake, and others.   also you have a auto parts store and a wal-mart  just incase you need anything.

If you need any more info just ask.

Rick,Thanks for the info! I think I'll stay at or somewhere near the host hotel.As I recall,it's a pretty easy drive to the speedway.Look forward to seeing you again and also demolishing some of those ribs at KC Masterpiece :D

moparrodder

Quote from: "awsum34"I know Louisville jusst got over.  But who is plainning to go to GG in Kansas City?

Rick,  We are planning on comming down with Chad's T bucket this year.  Will be leaving Friday night and getting there early Saturday morning but won't be staying as we have to be home that night for our firemans supper, can't miss that as it's our only pay we get for the year, but as it stands we'll be there!!!   See ya then!! :D     Bill,Gail and Chad

34ford

Rick,

Thanks for the information. Might stay at the host hotel this time. Usually we stay at the cheapy 6 & 8's,  but the little lady says it might be nice to stay at a little upper scale place once in a while.

bob

btrc

Daryle,
 Just got back on the computer after a month and a half.  My daughter has it so screwed up that it hardly ever works for me anymore.  Their house will be done next week and when they move out I'm going to reformat it.
 I'm thinking a few of us from up here are going to go to KC.  Let me know which motel you are staying at and I will try to get a couple rooms at the same one.  Email at work if you could, that way I'll know I'll get it.  I don't think my email at home is working.
Bob

couper

We'll get there Friday afternoon, Rick.
I'll drive my coupe up of course, and trailer our original '31 Model A coupe for Kristy to putt around in. The old tires (Sears Allstate) are weathercracked and I won't drive it that far.
See you there. By the way, what are you driving these days?
Lance

awsum34

Lance, I'm still driving the red 35 chevy, the one i had in Springfiled.
//www.hometown.aol.com/awsum1934

Hi Bob...was wondering if you were still alive! Sent you an e-mail at work.Are you going to the hills for Kool Deadwood Nights??

btrc

Nope,  I'm not going to Deadwood.  Pretty much everyone else from around here is going though.  I'm planning on going down to Yankton this Saturday night for the poker run if the weather is OK.  I've got to do some checking though because I don't know exactly when or where it starts at.

Bob
Bob

awsum34

Good Guys is in a couple days, who all is going? we could meet at the tower a 1 saturday.

Just to let you guys know there's road constrution on 435 both way by the host hotel. There working on it aat night and weekends. they have it down to one lane both ways for about a mile. traffic dose get slow right there.  If for some reason traffic is stopped coming back from the speedway you can get off at Quivira make a right (south) go to four traffic lights, College Blvd make a left (east) take College to Metcalf about 2 1/2 mile. make a left,  that will take you a block south of the host hotel.

There's also road constrution on 435 near the speedway, but they still have two lane open each way.