MSRA Pre-'49 Rod Run

Started by lofat46, May 22, 2012, 04:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lofat46

The Midwest Street Rod Association of Illinois is hosting a pre-1949 "back to the Basics" rod run on August 11th.  See Below:

The MSRA is bringing back the days of real rod runs, no muscle cars, no late models, just real street rods.  Please join us and relive a little of the way it was.  So pack up the cooler and your favorite eats and beverages and join us as we relive those great days of street rodding in a beautiful tree-lined setting.  The location is located at 42 W 121 Keslinger in LaFox, IL.  This is private property so admittance before the gates open is prohibited.  Gate opens at 8:00 AM until 3 PM.  Pre-registration- $10.00, at the gate- $15.00.  Pre-registration guarantees a dash plaque. www.msraofil.org
.....................................................................................................................................................................

Mail entry by August 1, 2012 to: MSRA, 200 E. Park Ave., Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Name __________________________________________________ Phone ____________________________________
Address _________________________________ City __________________________ State ______ Zip ____________
Make of Car ___________________________ Body Style ________________________ Year _____________________
E-mail ____________________________________________________________
Entry Fee enclosed: $___________ Make check payable to: Midwest Street Rod Association

In consideration of my participation in this event, I hereby release, discharge and indemnify the Midwest Street Rod Association of Illinois, its members, officers, volunteers, sponsors and venue from all known and unknown damages, injuries or claims to myself, my car and its occupants.  All entrants must be 18 years of age or older.  Under 18, parent or legal guardian must sign this registration.

Signature______________________________________________________ Date _______________________________

Boyd Who

What a great idea! I wish more clubs would go back to putting on pre-49 rod runs. Almost everything up here is an open event, and I'm getting sick and tired of going to an event 3/4 filled with brand new cars. PT Cruisers, new Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, etc are NOT collector cars/hotrods. I long for the old days.
I hope your event is a hit!

Old Blue

Fially a shred of sanity in the money grubbing mentality of event organisers.

I am also tired of all the brand new off the showroom floor cars that turn up at events, fitted with one or two aftermarket bolt ons.

In days past they would have had to park the damned things out in the parking lot as is proper and walk in as spectators.

Learpilot

Quote from: "Old Blue"Fially a shred of sanity in the money grubbing mentality of event organisers.

I am also tired of all the brand new off the showroom floor cars that turn up at events, fitted with one or two aftermarket bolt ons.

In days past they would have had to park the damned things out in the parking lot as is proper and walk in as spectators.

GREAT IDEA  !!!!
I love pre '49 Hot Rods

alchevy

I also like pre-'49 events. The local club I am in, MSRA (Mississippi Street Rod Association), has been putting on a rod run for 34 years. Around the year 2000 and for a few years there, they expanded to include some newer cars. But the last several years we have gone back to the way it wuz PRE-'49 only! This year we moved it to a new location that is larger and it was a hit with street rodders. We have ours in March.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com