How Many Hot Rods are there in the USA

Started by Learpilot, May 18, 2012, 08:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

How many Hot Rods are there in the USA ? That is to includes Hot Rods, Street Rods, Shoebox and Street Machines.
Thanks for the info !!!
Rick

Hooley

I guess you are gonna have to give some kinda prize.  Or everyone is out counting them and will get back.
"Just Glade To Be Here"

UGLY OLDS

I'm afraid to post a guess for fear the the G'ment might be watching & find a way to come up with some kinda new tax ... :roll:

At the NATO summit in Chicago a bunch on nurses actually came up with a good idea for the G'ment to make some honest money ....Put a $1.00 tax on EVERY trade made on wallstreet ..  :idea:
Stop & think what that total would be .... :shock:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

Tried to estimate once and couldn't really come up with a figure. We were at the Street Rods Nats in Louisville and wondered the same thing. My brother and i were the only guys there from our area, we had tried to get more people to go but no one would. There's a lot of  street rods, hot rods, etc. in our area, probably over 100, and we were the only ones there out of 11'000 registered cars. We were amazed at seeing thousands of street rods all at once, but knew that the vast majority of street rods in the U.S. weren't there.  If that's the same ratio all across the country the total figure would be quite high!

Carps

I estimate there's lots more hot rods in America than in Australia.

Do I win the cupie doll?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

taxpyer

What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

river1

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"At the NATO summit in Chicago a bunch on nurses actually came up with a good idea for the G'ment to make some honest money ....Put a $1.00 tax on EVERY trade made on wallstreet ..  :idea:
Stop & think what that total would be .... :shock:

Bob.... :wink:

http://robinhoodtax.com/

i like it
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carnut

And in 20yrs how many Hot Rodders will be left?

teal32

If you subtract all of the '32s, there would be about a third less.
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

zzford

I counted 3, 8 if you count tuners.

enjenjo

The only thing I have seen was some years ago, Street Rodder estimated between 200,000, and 800,000 street rodders in the USA.  No idea on the total.

There are 295 active drag strips in the US. Conservative estimate, 550,000 participants.

That does not include street machines, cruisers, low riders, oval track racers, sand racers, 4x4, and many others.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Learpilot

THANKS !!!
I guess if the people in goverment knew that number they would tax us out of our Hot Rods !