RRT BBQ Where are the pics???

Started by KustomLincolnLady, August 11, 2004, 09:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

Ok, I think I've been patient. I keep seeing all these pics of "cars" geez  :roll:  you'd think you guys went to a show or something. In a few there are some pics of the BBQ in the background, but thats it.
No one has posted a good pic of it in use!!!!!!! Your killing me here,  :P
There is  a lot of work in that and I'd love to see it being used

ANYONE????  :?

Nick32Vic

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Nick32vic"This is all i gots!

Nick

HUH? LOL, I helped with the thing and cant even tell what that is, LMAO  :lol:
thanks Nick!!!!  :wink:

HotRodLadyCrusr

You folks are like little children.... so impatient  :shock:   :wink:
I took a TON of photos, lots hanging around the "Knights Bar and Grill" but I just haven't had any extra time to post.  Having too much fun with PopDownunder and Steve.  I'll post what I can now, and more later this weekend.  

In my opinion it was the best Nats ever.  LOTS of great buds, new friends, a cool hangout with fab food, not to mention PERFECT weather!  The only thing that could have made it better was if I started heading west on Sunday instead of north.

Thanks to all that stop by to chat and hang out.  Your the ones that made it so much fun.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

HotRodLadyCrusr

The MASTER at work

xoxoxo and lots of thanks to Ken for keeping us all in burnt meat all weekend  :wink:

34ford

Boy,  Bet that "409" in the picture above on the grille really adds some flavor to the bugers. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Sure wish we could have been there. Hope to be there next year.  Can't wait for more pics, of the cars too!  :shock:  :shock:

bc

alchevy

Quote from: "34ford"Can't wait for more pics, of the cars too!

http://www.astreetrodder.com/2004nats.htm
For those that have not read this on the other post, There's over 200 pictures from the Nats on my website of the cars.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

phat rat

Quote from: "40chevy"
Quote from: "34ford"Can't wait for more pics, of the cars too!

http://www.astreetrodder.com/2004nats.htm
For those that have not read this on the other post, There's over 200 pictures from the Nats on my website of the cars.
AL

all those pics and not one of the RRT encampment?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

alchevy

Quote from: "phat rat"all those pics and not one of the RRT encampment?

Louisville goes by so fast...I only dropped by the encampment for a few minutes one day and then it was off to try and do more stuff. On the way home, I started remembering all of the things I forgot to do while I was there. Have to wait 'til next year, I guess. I was at a club meeting last night and our state NSRA rep was there and asked for thoughts on how to improve NSRA things. Maybe we should ask them to make Louisville longer (more days)...but some of us would really run out of money! Because the nice weather in Louisville this year, I actually stayed outside more instead of being inside soaking up that free a/c like in years past.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

HotRodLadyCrusr

Next time you talk to the NSRA rep you can mention how outta hand the HUGE tents have gotten that the professional tent people are putting up on the fairgrounds for "clubs".  It's really getting out of hand.  Also getting out of hand are the prices of the rooms in the area.  Just two little things I wanted to mention .

alchevy

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Next time you talk to the NSRA rep you can mention how outta hand the HUGE tents have gotten that the professional tent people are putting up on the fairgrounds for "clubs".  It's really getting out of hand.  Also getting out of hand are the prices of the rooms in the area.  Just two little things I wanted to mention .

Yeah, I just heard about that this year that folks can get local companies to go out there early and stake out a huge tent for them. I guess it's ok as long as they have enough cars there on site to fill up that space. I would say that one year, I was out walking on the fairgrounds and it felt like it was 100 degrees and I saw one of those huge tents and got under it to get some relief...made like I was looking at the cars there...which I was.

I stay at a motel at Shepherdsville that has been very good to us in the past several years. A friend of mine stayed at one next to the fairgrounds and three years ago it was around $80something, this year it was $140 a night.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Next time you talk to the NSRA rep you can mention how outta hand the HUGE tents have gotten that the professional tent people are putting up on the fairgrounds for "clubs".  It's really getting out of hand.  Also getting out of hand are the prices of the rooms in the area.  Just two little things I wanted to mention .

Denise, Why would you say those tents are getting out of hand? Its no different than a club putting up 8 of those easy up tents every day and taking them down every night. We put up a bunch of those easy up tents and theyre a pain in the butt. We didnt have a shade tree on the assphalt like you guys did on the grass. Plus if anyone like 40chevy or just a family walkin around wants to sit down and take a rest for a little bit they can. We barely had room for our whole club this year under our ezups and we let anyone who wanted take a load off sit down and rest. I think the big profesional tents are a great idea. I dont see how they hurt anybody or anything. Plus the wind cant pick em up and tumble over cars like the ez ups do. And everyone has an equal opprutunity to get one.

Nick

HotRodLadyCrusr

Nick, I'll answer your questions with photos, but the photos will have to wait till later tonight. I have photos of only 4 guys sitting lawn cars under a huge tent, nothing else under there, not even their cars.  The tent took up 8 parking spaces on the asphalt, not way out in left field but the first row in the parking lot.  

Because of the change in the parking lots and blvds, those huge tents were put up in prime areas, areas that other car clubs have no chance of obtaining now because these tent companys come in on Monday and Tuesday.  It has gotten progessively worse every year.

Now I'm not saying that all clubs would act like this but a couple of years ago I got my chair and cooler outta my car and took it to the very corner of a HUGE tent set up by a Memphis Streetrod club to eat lunch in a shady spot.  There were less then a dozen people in the center under a huge 40X60 foot tent on the grassy area by the rose garden.  I smiled and said I hope you don't mind if I borrow some shade for a few minutes to eat lunch.  No one said a word to me, I just got the stink eye.  I ate and left.  This year that same club had their usual tent set up on a nice grassy prime spot with the same dozen folks underneath.  Lots of those tents had a fraction of the people under them on Sudnay yet the tents were still there taking up precious space so others could not enjoy the area.

Does this effect me right now, not really.  I like were we park and hang out but one day BobK will get to the split rail fence and will find nothing but professional tents from one end to another.

There has to be a limit.

alchevy

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I wonder what the chances are of us finding grass still there next year. It may be a paved parking lot since they lost all of that good parking that's now under a building.
I think they need to leave the grass, but pave that dusty driveway that cuts across the grass and maybe pave the strip in front of the RRT encampment that was muddy this year. Last year was the first year they had grass in all of that area...years before there was a huge area of dirt in one or two areas out there. My group decided that next year we need to pack a weed eater to do some trimming up by the fence by the swap meet.

But with all of this being said, I still think this was the best year yet! I've been going since '99. I hear a lot of people saying that they are tired of it being in Louisville, but I like having it in the same place because you get to know the best places to eat at and once you get a good motel, you're set. And about Saturday, you learn your way in and out of the fairgrounds from and to the freeways, then it's about time to go home.

Seeing Pete & Jakes cars together inside at the booth was priceless!
AL

www.astreetrodder.com