Personalized license plate...

Started by My52Chebby, March 22, 2012, 01:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My52Chebby

A while back I asked for suggestions for a personalized license plate for my 1952 Chevy pickup... Well, I finally got my plate. It's going to read:

Not Anno Domini (Instead of BC) but rather Advance Design, my truck's designation.

I thought I was very lucky to get that plate.

My52Chebby

GPster

When I first got the Jeepster I was at a Goodguys in Columbus and had a vendor print me a plastic Ohio "GPSTER" plate. When I bought the miggle Jeep last year I got the real plate with that name on it. I'll just keep renewing that plate til I finally (if ever) get the Jeepster on the road. There is discussion that Jeep was a name that came about for the vehicle from a cartoon charactor from the "Popeye" comics. I have trouble thinking that people in WWII had cartoons on there mind. There is also the theory that Jeep was a vocalization of "General Purpose" vehicle which was what the bid request from the army was for that the Jeep fullfilled (barely). There is some talk that the term was used in motorpool lingo in the late '30s. So that's where the GP in GPster comes from. GPster

wayne petty

Harry

I remember the Jeep from Popeye. It was used underground and bored holes or tunnels.
It had an auger on the front.
Yes, I am old.

Crosley.In.AZ

good for you,

here in Aridzona the personalized plates are extra cost to produce and the yearly fee is 15 dollars higher than basic issue plates...  at least it was that much at one time when I had the specialty plates.

That older fellow rivers1 has a custom plate on his daily off road driver truck.  He may have a correct answer for Aridzona  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"good for you,

here in Aridzona the personalized plates are extra cost to produce and the yearly fee is 15 dollars higher than basic issue plates...  at least it was that much at one time when I had the specialty plates.

That older fellow rivers1 has a custom plate on his daily off road driver truck.  He may have a correct answer for Aridzona  8)

so it's been a while since you had personalized plates, they are currently $25 over the regular plates

since you are so young at heart :roll:  tony i'll have to take that little dig about my age from you :P

you just wish you had my vim and vigor 8)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Glen

$25 bucks and worth every penny  :twisted:

My52Chebby

Quote from: "Glen"$25 bucks and worth every penny  :twisted:

Our personalized plates cost a one-time charge of $169.50 including Tax (go figure, here I thought the license plate themselves were ALL TAX).

No additional charges per year though, just your car's registration fee.

My52Chebby

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "My52Chebby"

Our personalized plates cost a one-time charge of $169.50 including Tax (go figure, here I thought the license plate themselves were ALL TAX).

My52Chebby

WOW , that is a chunk of cash for the personalized  tax plate.

Even in the county here I live in, they no longer issue a new tax tag for my dog. The tax tag  is now ''permanent'' , I just pay the yearly tax on the dog now.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "My52Chebby"

My52Chebby

WOW , that is a chunk of cash for the personalized  tax plate.

Even in the county here I live in, they no longer issue a new tax tag for my dog. The tax tag  is now ''permanent'' , I just pay the yearly tax on the dog now.

well since i have had personalized plate for as long as i have owned my own vehicle $170 would have been a quite a savings for me. it has been 30 years or so, so my total would be $450 to $750 :shock:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

WZ JUNK

My WZ JUNK  "was junk" Missouri license plate is a historic personalized and it cost $15.00 a year.  Historic plates are only $10, I think, and they are good for as long as you own the vehicle.  The real benefit to either is that you are not required to have the vehicle safety inspected.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

34ford

Our local historical plates are 25 for life. It has to be the year of the car hence a 1934 plate on a 1934 ford. With this type of plate you only need to run one plate on the back. I bought a 34 plate for $10, had it refurbished by a guy for $25 and good to go. No restrictions on use of the car like some plates require.

If you buy the white historical plate with just numbers on it you have to renew it every year, not sure of the fee and you have to run one front and back.

My52Chebby

Quote from: "34ford"Our local historical plates are 25 for life. It has to be the year of the car hence a 1934 plate on a 1934 ford. With this type of plate you only need to run one plate on the back. I bought a 34 plate for $10, had it refurbished by a guy for $25 and good to go. No restrictions on use of the car like some plates require.

If you buy the white historical plate with just numbers on it you have to renew it every year, not sure of the fee and you have to run one front and back.

Now that's what I would really love to have. A plate of the year of truck's birth... LOL

Unfortunately, the local government hasn't caught on that all they would need to do is charge the tax and not have to produce the plate. Just set standards as to its authenticity.

My52Chebby