New Project

Started by alchevy, February 06, 2012, 10:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

My wife learned how to drive a standard in a 1967 Chevy Pickup that her grandfather had. He gave it to one of his sons that had it for several years, then it went to his other son. Well my wife has been trying to get the truck since then. A little over a week ago, at her grandfather's 85th birthday party, her uncle gave us the truck. It has been sitting for a year. We went to see it and sprayed the carb with some cleaner, jumped it off with my '07 Silverado, put some gas in the tank, checked the oil, and it cranked!
Now we just have to get a good tire because one is flat and will not air up. Found a spare in the bed, put air in it, but it has a leak. Need to add some brake fluid and see if we have brakes. She wants to drive it home.
The interior is rough. We plan on getting it running good and driving it some as we work on it.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

river1

SWEET! grandpa's truck are always a cool project

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat46

Always liked the '67's best of that generation of Chevy trucks. We're gonna need pics too!  :D

alchevy

Quote from: "phat46"Always liked the '67's best of that generation of Chevy trucks. We're gonna need pics too!  :D

Pictures coming soon. AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

reborn55

Sounds like a fun project for you and your wife.  will I see it at Bunny Run or Louisville

alchevy

Quote from: "reborn55"Sounds like a fun project for you and your wife.  will I see it at Bunny Run or Louisville
Ken, maybe...... Here are some pictures. My wife drove it home today!
AL

www.astreetrodder.com