S/W electric speedo wiring

Started by Topsterguy, February 01, 2012, 01:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

I'm rewiring my 32 and it has older S/W gauges including an electric speedo. On the back of the speedo there are 4 terminals - Aux , Sig , Pos , Neg. There's a "speed generator interface" box that the wires apparently go into before going to the speedo. The markings on it are  "12V", GRND, SIG IN, SIG OUT 1 , SIG OUT 2, and SIG OUT 3. There were 2 wires from the trans fitting , one went into " SIG IN" on the box, the other went into GRND on the box and a wire was spliced into the one that went into GRND and I think went to the speedo. A wire from SIG OUT went with that ground wire poss to the speedo.  I tried for a diagram at S/W but nothing. Anyone know the wiring for the box and the speedo? :?
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

art.flame

It can't be that hard i'm using new gauges from classic instrument that work about the same.
the wires from the trans are one signal and ground + and -
they are conected to the speed generator interface ,
the input trans + goes to sig in
sign out goes to speedo sig in
+ and ground need to be connected
you won't need the rest they are probably for extra acc
speedo:

12v  =12 volt switched
neg  = ground
sig-in= signal out from speed generator
aux  = not used

speed generator:
12v      =12volt switched
grnd     = - and neg trans
sig input=pos trans
sig out1 = sig in speedo
sig out2 = extra or cruise
sig out3 = extra could be used (if 12v delivered) for auto doorlock at speed
hope this helps

enjenjo

Signal out 2 and 3 can run a second speedo, input a signal to a computer, or control a cruise control.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Topsterguy

Great, as always thanks guys!  I didn't figure it was "hard" but I hadn't seen one with this " interface box" before , the one I had before just had the 2 wires up from the trans ( no polarity so didn't matter which went where) then pos to power and neg to ground off the back of the speedo.  Not being a wire wizard it pays to check, so thanks again!  Larry
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Signal out 2 and 3 can run a second speedo, input a signal to a computer, or control a cruise control.
For cruise control and locking the torque converter? GPster