Mind Boggling 2

Started by enjenjo, February 15, 2004, 07:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coupla48s

I am an about-to-be-layed-off Management Analyst for a financially-floundering school district.  I also don't see retiring in the near future.  But hotrods keep me sane.....

Kevin in Seattle
Kevin in Seattle

Mac

The wife and I are in our 12th year owning and operating a retail decorating store -paint, wallpaper, light fixtures, etc. Just learned today that a big box (Lowes) closed on a piece of property in our community. We've been running our Mom `n Pop style operation in a bubble with the nearest "box" a 45min. ride away. Could be time for another career change. :lol:
Who\'s yer Data?

Fift4fe

Retired in 1999 as the Fire Chief from Detroit Metro Airport after 30+ years of service.

Accepted the Fire Chiefs position in 1999 in the community where I have lived all my life after my retirement so I'm still in the Fire/EMS business and not retired anymore.  

I have also been a member of this Fire Department for over 30 years.  Currently have 6 full-time and 30 paid-call fire personnel in the department.

Married to wife Yvonne for 31 years, two grown children.

1954 F-100 Ford (fift4fe)
OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Mojo

I just turned 33, and i'm on my first "serious" career, as a computer tech. I work for a 2 man shop, where we're kinda "jacks of all trades". Everything from fixing simple email problems to setting up and installing 10K servers. Interesting job because of the variety of problems, but frustrating because I have to dig myself out of serious holes pretty often. There's alot of situations where hitting the wrong button will wipe out a year of someone's work. Better yet is when you're trying to salvage someone's info, and if you lose it, they'll probably go out of business. Folks, if you have data you really need, BACK IT UP! Trust me, it's cheap insurance! Good job, hard work, but a good job.

I'm from WV, but been in CA for 2 years. It's an interesting change of pace. I like Cali, but I miss my backwoods and hills. It's worth it for the girl i'm with, that's for sure. Smart, pretty, and good-hearted.

Car wise, I drive a 67 Mustang, with a 302, C4, and 4.11 gears. Pretty fun car, bit expensive to feed. It's a bit of a pain, because everyone and their cousin wants to race me. I just want to get to work, and i'm getting in heads-up runs with Caddy CTS's. I like crusiers, gonna get me a 65 Riv or a 61 T-bird someday. I really want to build a chopped and channeled Model A sedan with a nailhead, and painted metalflake blue.

Anyhow, that's me, and i'm pleased to meet you.

48flatbed

I am an Electronics Technician for the USPS.  

I have a 48 f-5 flatbed (daily driver),  29 Tudor sedan, 28 sport coupe sans top (both in progress).

OzRod

I am 21 and I drive forklifts and pick orders at a Coles supermarket distribution centre. It earns me good money for my HOBBY.

I recently bought a 1970 Holden HQ Ute 350SBC, and have found a HOST of problems. In short I am replacing almost the entire floor pan and rebuilding the 350.  I call this my current prodject.

I have a high involvement in hot rodding, attending almost every swapmeet/rodrun in Sydney.

I turn to the RRT every time I need help and you guys never let me down.

Cheers
Chris

48bill

I am a 63 1/2 year old semi-retired finish carpenter.  After a too long career in Human Resources ending as an exec Recruiter, my last employer saw fit to do with out me a year ago.  So I retired and went back to carpentry where I started as a teenager and also for four years in the late 1980's.  

I currently have two running hot rods, a 48 Chev convertible (since 1975) 350 sbc full size 63 Chev front clip as a subframe, 350 turbo. The second is a 48 Ford F-1 with a 425 ci Caddy, turbo 400, pretty much daily driver.  I am also slowly working on a 26 Ford lakes modified style roadster.  

We have on 6 year old grandson who I am trying to break in as a gearhead.  He likes tools and working with his hands so there is hope.
48bill
Bill C from Connecticut
48 Chevrolet Cabriolet

MO_JUNK

I am 51 years old. I am a corporate safety officer for a fast growing chemical manufacturer. I drive a 48 Chev. pickup and I'm building a 26 T modified. Past rods have been a previous 48 Chev. pickup, 32' ford roadster(highboy) and a 26 touring.All have been chev powered. I also play with rocket cars(shoe box size). Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass fear me. Finally, brother and I(WZ Junk) have logged alot of miles in Streetrods. We drive what we build or anybody elses. I can't imagine retirement.

GPster

This is getting big. It's almost as big as the saga of running motorcycles on the dunes. I'll try again to tell who I am with-out so many mistakes. My name is Joe Veraldo and I live in Marietta, Ohio. Came here to go to college and never went home. I'm 55 (both Frank and George are older than me) and have been married 36 years. Worked at a chemical plant (Shell) for 15 years before my accident in '93. I was out motorcycle riding an put it down in gravel. Didn't have the sense to tell myself I was hurt so I got back on it. I don't remember going down the second time but that's what they told me 3 months later when I come out of the coma. They also told me that I'd probably never work or drive again. So imediately started bying stuff to make a vehicle I could operate. After 10 years of recooperation I finally got the blessing to drive and now I'm sorting through my stuff with new ideas of what I really need. The time I spend here keeps me off the road and the time I spend walking the dog keeps me out of the garage. GPster (yea, I have one)

DanO

I am the Director of Transportation for a growing manufacturing firm. We maintain a private fleet in Neosho, MO (hometown of WZ Junk) and have just opened a distribution center in Cedar Rapids, IA where we have a fleet also. I live in Neosho with my wife of 26 years and our soon-to-be 15-year-old daughter. We have a son in the Navy, stationed at Bremerton, WA. I own a '31 hiboy that was built years ago. It used to be a coupe, but has had the roof removed to make a poor man's roadster. I hope to have the car rolling this year. In my spare time I like to flyfish and camp.

OFOF

Let's see, I retired once from the Air Force Civil Service in 1998, then again from the Army Reserve in 2001, I drove a parts delivery truck for two years then got offered a job with a Government Contractor looking for IT and Engineering folks to work on Air Force contracts.  It's a great job because they pay me to walk around and bs with my old working buddies about what they need in the way of support.  The real great thing about the job is that I'm on an hourly basis so if I run out of leave to go to car shows and races they just quit paying me until I get back.  Sweet!
I do have time to play in my shop with my '34 and '47 Fords and Grandma's old '56 Olds.  I also play a little golf when there isn't three feet of snow on the ground.
Don Palfreyman

34ford

I'm a custom home builder and so some lite commercial and smaller remodel jobs. Been doing this for the last 32 years since graduating from tech school. Been married to the love of my life for 33 years. She loves cars and car shows so makes life easy. Like photography, rc toys and woodworking. Hope to have the 34 on the road this summer. Getting closer now down to finishing the body work.

bob

flt-blk

I am a Quality Assurance Manager for a plastics injection molding
company.  I have a crack staff that makes me look good most of the time.

I am way too young to think of retiring (33) but do wish I had more evening time to get stuff done in the shop.
TZ
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

Anonymous

I'm a peon, but in 41 days I'll be a retired peon or Mr. peon to you.

Rochie

Hey folks,
I wasn't going  to do this, but here it is.  My name is Wayne Rochon 58 years old married with 2 sons(one is into it, the other is just starting to take an interest).  Up here in Canuck land we have licensed mechanics (by the provincial govt) got mine in '68.  Went to teachers college in '80 and taught both high school and college and now I'm a program manager at Fanshawe College in London.  My current job is pretty cool albeit a lot of work.  I manage tech courses i.e., welding, mechanics, altrnate fuel systems and all the driver ed. programs.  My favorite being the Motorcycle Rider training.  We have trained 1000 riders in both of the past 2 years and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down any.  I have a 57 Chev belair that I've owned for 28 years and I'm looking for a 40 Ford coupe project to keep me sane.

That's it, Rochie