Fun with foam....

Started by Jbird, August 08, 2004, 06:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird

or how I spent an hour Sunday morning and how I'm gonna spend a few hours monday afternoon. I welded in some inner body panels to cover up my roll bar and finished the inner rocker rails, so, I figured I'd use some aerosol expandable foam to fill in the space between the inner and outer body panels, you know, make the roadster nice and quiet. Three twelve ounce cans in each side. At least I found where the pin holes in my sheet metal welding are. I used protection, latex gloves, my best Levis, and my favorite sandals. Why do you always get the gluey type stains in your Levis real close to the zipper and how do you get this sticky crap off your toes without pulling out all your toe hair?
  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

unklian

Quoteand how do you get this sticky crap off your toes without pulling out all your toe hair?

If nasty,toxic,chemicals don't work,try a Propane torch. :shock:  :D

PCFree

It is too bad that you used the foam that you did.  Real automotive foam is a two-part mixture and comes as both soft foam (like the OEMs use under the hood) and rigid type like what OEMs use in new car pillars.  The kind in the single can (Great Stuff, etc.) will actually shrink with time creating a gap that will hold water.

Dirk35

Just outta curiousity, is that sheet 1/4" steel plate in front of the rear shock mounts?

Jbird

<<Just outta curiousity, is that sheet 1/4" steel plate in front of the rear shock mounts?>>  Ya just never know when a shock might explode.

It's just some pressboard I'm turning into a removable rear seat, er package tray. All the other stuff that looks like rusted metal is in fact rusted metal.
        Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance