headlights, big or small ?

Started by zzebby, November 07, 2011, 01:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzebby

Still working on getting those headlights mounted, but need the inner fenders for the connector to the headlights and so must fix them.  Took me 4 hrs to make this, wife can't decide if I'm a perfectionist or just anal.

bucketmouth

I'm with the 50% that reckon big headlights are the go. I've got small ones on my fully fendered 34 coupe but I'm replacing them with 34 commercial lights.
After reading what kb426 said about Vintique headlights I hope mine are okay.
At the end of the day it's your choice anyway so go with your gut feeling.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

papastoyss

Quote from: "zzebby"OK, I will be using the original big stainless headlights. There is a ring around the front inner lip that is not stainless and has rusted to nothing so I'm machining a new one of aluminum and will bond it in with epoxy.
Question: I want to get the reflector out of a new car that accepts the halogen bulb, hopefully a round one and then mount it in the old bucket. Anyone done this ? Suggestions ?
Check w/ Bob Drake, he has update kits for many old Ford headlights.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Topsterguy

I've got a thing for Guides , they look good on everything , and maybe try to find some funky  little signals and mount them on the frame horns back by the grill shell.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"