Hoosier Hoods Kudos

Started by tom36, October 26, 2011, 02:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom36

I wanted to have a hood made for my  Model A . As it is on a 32 frame a stock hood is to short. A 32 hood is the right length (32") but the body line on the cowl and the 32 hood are different.  I saw a reference to these folks on the HAMB so I gave them a call and talked to George SR.  Told what and how I wanted it and he said OK, gave me a price and I said "do it".  Last Friday I got a call from one of his sons saying the hood was done and I said "you want my Visa?".  Nope he wanted my mailing address.  Said they would enclose a bill and send them a check when I receive it.  Today the big brown truck backs in and leaves a nicely packaged box. Inside the hood halves and attaching parts undamaged.  I wanted a 2 piece hood top with 32 center hinge, a piano hinge mounted inside so if I decide on hood sides they can be made to attach without having to modify the tops and I didn't want the 2" or so edge that hangs down on a Model A hood.  Just made a trial quick fit and I'm quite pleased.  I would recommend these folks for their work and business practices. When's the last time a stranger said send me a check when you get the parts?   http://hoosierhoods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1  Tom...

Charlie Chops 1940

Yep, they are a good family owned and operated business. I had them do that same hood around 32-33 years ago and it fit my '31 Vicky with a '32 shell just perfect.

I have to admit that I haven't bought from them since, although I have recommended them a number times. It's nice to hear that they still do business the old fashioned way. If I remember correctly I ordered mine on the phone and picked it up at a swap meet in South Bend.

Ah, the good ole days.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Mac

Quote from: "tom36"When's the last time a stranger said send me a check when you get the parts?     Tom...

About a year or so ago. It was Enjenjo. );b(
Who\'s yer Data?