Cruisin' The Coast pictures

Started by alchevy, October 23, 2011, 01:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

My wife and I made it down to Cruisin' The Coast on the Wednesday and Thursday this year.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins

jaybee

It's that time again...time to be glad there are people in warmer areas who'll share pics as it turns to winter here.  Thanks!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

alchevy

The weather was perfect this year. In Mississippi and close by area, this is the best time to have a car show. There are still a few left until the end of the year. I am planning a trip to Crossett, Arkansas the first full November weekend for my favorite car show. The Klassy Kruzers put on a very good show then. It is at a hotel that has plenty of room outside for the cars and a large room inside for eating and awards. Speaking of eating, they feed ya twice (Friday night and Saturday lunch) and give great door prizes, then on Sunday morning, they give ladies' door prizes. So you get back more than the cost of registering. This year it is a pre-'73 event. It has been pre-'67 for 20 years.
The car club I belong to, Mississippi Street Rod Association, are busy planning our next event next March. We are moving it to a larger place where there will be plenty of room. It will be at the M-Braves (farm team of the Atlanta Braves) facility. This will be our 34th Annual event. One of the longest running events in the state.
I will have to upload some pictures of a car show I went to last weekend.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Old Coyote

Great pictures ........ love the old Trans Am  8)  8)
I may have to grow old, but I refuse to grow up !!

alchevy

Quote from: "Old Coyote"Great pictures ........ love the old Trans Am  8)  8)
That Trans Am is on my list of the cars I want to have one of these days! I like the style of the 1970-73, but the '73 is my favorite and that's what this one was.

Here's my partial dream list:
'73 Trans Am
'32 Ford Coupe or Roadster or both
'55 Chevy Pickup
'55 Chevy 2 door with no post
'40 Chevy Coupe
'34 Chevy Coupe
'34 Dodge Pickup
etc.........
AL

www.astreetrodder.com