Goodguys Spokane 2012

Started by Topsterguy, October 10, 2011, 03:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

I've heard rumors of the Goodguys show in Spokane not happening next year, but then they accepted my early registration, so far!  Anyone know anymore about this?
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

sirstude

They talked about that this year at the awards.  The deal is, that the fairggrounds will only work one year at a time.  So every year at the time of Goodguys, the lease has not been signed for the next year.  It definately is on next year's schedule, and probably many years more.  We were told by one of the officials, that the deal there is, as long as the local clubs do a lot of the leg work, and it does not draw away from the Puyallup run, and still runs in the black, it will be there.  I don't know if anyone noticed, but there were NO empty spaces in the public parking, including all the way behind the grounds. And we all know, the spectators are where the money comes from.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Topsterguy

Quote from: "sirstude"They talked about that this year at the awards.  The deal is, that the fairggrounds will only work one year at a time.  So every year at the time of Goodguys, the lease has not been signed for the next year.  It definately is on next year's schedule, and probably many years more.  We were told by one of the officials, that the deal there is, as long as the local clubs do a lot of the leg work, and it does not draw away from the Puyallup run, and still runs in the black, it will be there.  I don't know if anyone noticed, but there were NO empty spaces in the public parking, including all the way behind the grounds. And we all know, the spectators are where the money comes from.

Doug

Okeedokee  Doug , thanks for the info!   I had talked to a few guys that were there this year ( I couldn't make it this year) and they said they figured the numbers were down quite a bit and there were rumors. so I was wondering.  I just found out that Andy Brizio is doing "the last Andy's Picnic" as a celebration of his 80th birthday next year and it's the same weekend as Spokane - that'd be one to be at!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

sirstude

I think the final count was within about 50 of usual.  In the 1100 range.  Have you ever made it to Puyallup?  It will be the 25th next year.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Topsterguy

Quote from: "sirstude"I think the final count was within about 50 of usual.  In the 1100 range.  Have you ever made it to Puyallup?  It will be the 25th next year.

Doug

Make it to Pyuallup every year since it started , except a couple when we've had Deuce Day here in Vctoria. It's always a good show - great venue and great socializin!

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.